General Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

Ah ok :ok_hand:t4:

3 Likes

I keep seeing GTs and other old topics unarchived temporarily to spamlike…

4 Likes

Why was it necessary to archive topics in the first place, I forgot?
*I found it was because of the risk that people could communicate outside the forum

But yes, the archiving/unarchiving brings the topic back up to Latest

4 Likes

No not latest (deprecated), but rather that suggested topics shows it.

Archive prevents edits which prevents pcof

4 Likes

Admins (administrators) are leaders, but they are special leaders that have full control over the forum.

They can change abilities to all trust levels, see personal preferences, etc.

They have more abilities than moderators, so you should try not to rely on mods more than admins.

I hope this cleared things up.

3 Likes

Even if the community can see the project publicly?

4 Likes

Yes. When a user is banned all the projects are hidden.

5 Likes

Yeah…

but my friend irl who has Hopscotch (specifically ghost :ghost: :ghost: ) reported a user who was doing bad things to THT via email and they notified him that he (the bad user) got banned. One of his projects was still shown publicly though… until ghost :ghost: :ghost: reported it.

I now understand.

4 Likes

That post is from July 19
I think the answer has probably been said

5 Likes

The amount of time that the general discussion topic is closed for is incredibly excessive. It is very common to have it close 9 hours a day for half an hour of being off topic. It should close at the most 3 or 4 hours each time, but only if it has been closed multiple times already in that day.

11 Likes

You don’t say?
lol

5 Likes

Yesss
And (really sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but) when you come on, an hour before you, say, go to sleep, and an hour after it closes for 6 hours, and you’re currently coding something but you’ve got one major bug in it and would probably be yelled at if you made a whole topic about it, and you can’t figure the bug out and you want to ask people in the GDT about it and want to finish your project that night, it’s incredibly annoying because it’s closed for a long time.
Not to mention I think it’s kinda unfair that you’d have to suffer for something that wasn’t even partially your fault. It’s honestly kinda stressful just trying not to get yelled at. Kinda why I’ve just been stalking the forum lately.
I don’t have anything against the leads, and I think they’re doing a great job, it’s only that the closures are insanely long.

I could also rant about the post edited by lead thing but I gtg do my homework.

How come I can write up a whole paragraph about this but not about stuff for school

10 Likes

Agreed! I don’t have access to the gdt so my opinion doesn’t matter, but ur so right. 9+ hours for 30 minutes of off topicness seems so pre mature

10 Likes

Try to imagine it from the lead’s perspective.
Nobody wants the GDT closed.
I’m sure we all can agree!
But it does, from maybe an accident, maybe it starts and keeps on going.
The leads don’t like that either, honestly. And they need something to make sure we don’t do it again, as a lesson.
So they close.
And it’s happened twice. Twice
That’s a lot for a bit of time.
They’re just trying to make a point across.
And @tankt2016 , I do agree with you about the topic bug. I think we should make another topic only for an emergency like that. And @TheDrawer, I wouldn’t call it “ pre mature”. It’s what the leads think are right.

Does that make sense?

8 Likes

I get your opinion, and I respect the leaders’ decisions, but I feel like before closing the gdt for 7+ hours. they should close it for smaller times and build up from then, e.g. 1 hour, 3 hours, etc.

10 Likes

But I get where u and the leaders r coming from!

7 Likes

*premature :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

6 Likes

Tbh I feel like a better punishment would be to just demote the person being off topic to basic so they can’t access the gdt?
Like they would get three warnings and on the third one they’d get demoted.
I just feel like it’s silly to punish everyone for something one person did lmao

12 Likes

And this is why @JonnyGamer needs to finish his 1AM plan

random fact @Madi_Hopscotch_ is untaggable normally

7 Likes

I think you have some great points!

I believe that would be an incredible idea. The con would be, however, that a mod can do that, and to prevent off-topicness FaSt, that’s the quickest option.

“I get your opinion, and I respect the leaders’ decisions, but I feel like before closing the gdt for 7+ hours. they should close it for smaller times and build up from then, e.g. 1 hour, 3 hours, etc.”

True, true. But I thought they already did that? It’s five right now. And they do have a point. A lead showed disappointment at us, so they are totally right to close it for that long!

Make sense a bit more in a way?

6 Likes