General Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

I have a question. Do you have to get permission from someone before hosting a contest on Hopscotch?

3 Likes

nope

1 Like

You can start a contest yourself in the forum category (you can read the guideline in that category before starting one.) But the official contests that you see in Announcements in Hopscotch are hosted by the Hopscotch Team and the forum leaders and curators.

9 Likes

thank you, that is very helpful

3 Likes

Oh! One more thing! If I’m having a project contest, should I have more than one judge? If so, who would you recommend asking?

2 Likes

you can ask here on the forum! clicking the little gear icon when you’re making a post let’s you build a poll that people can reply to.

they look like this when you finish!
  • yes
  • no thank you

0 voters

3 Likes

ok thanks :blush:

2 Likes

no problem!
let me know if you have any more questions or need help with a tag :)
(put an @ symbol before my username (@temm))

3 Likes

This is completely up to you – if you think that having more would make the contest more fair, then go for it. But if it isn’t necessary and only delays the competition, then perhaps just judge the projects yourself.

By the way, welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

this could use a bump, i dont know if it’s just me but I feel as if there’s been a lot more first post posts recently

10 Likes

Yes, thank you. Also I consider whoever likes the topic first to have already claimed to be the first one to see it, which further makes a post (that states “first”) off-topic.

8 Likes

I wanted to address something that seems to have been an issue lately. I know I’ve typed out a quick explanation for this somewhere, but I can’t seem to find it.

I know that, since all communication on the forum is done through a screen, it is sometimes difficult to pick up on a person’s full personality. However, it is important to remember that each and every user you interact with on here (and anywhere on the internet for that matter) is a real human being with feelings, just like you.

That being said, always be mindful of what you say as if the person was right there in the room with you. It’s always a great idea to think before you post. Also, avoid stereotyping a person based on one specific action or quality of theirs. For instance, a car has windows, but it also has an engine, tires, seats, and many other things.

Bottom line, always treat others, in real life and on the internet, the way you would want to be treated, with kindness and respect.

6 Likes

Happened like 5 times today

1 Like

Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of people say mean things to @AECREATION. That includes people saying straight-up ride things, disregarding his feelings, or even replying/ disagreeing to everything he’s saying. Please leave him alone. He did nothing wrong to anyone and its important to treat others the way you want to be treated.

Do not call AE out, Do not disagree with everything he says on purpose, And do not treat others unlike u would want to be treated. Please treat him like anyone else. There’s no need to reply to something AE says after the conversation is over.

@AECREATION i don’t know if u noticed this but I have and know that I have ur back dude.

7 Likes

Thank you so much :relaxed:.
I really appreciate it!

I honestly haven’t noticed that, tbh I don’t care what others think about me.
Thanks though! :grinning:

4 Likes