General Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

Folder for thing

Ah so turns out that 2/3 of my dreams last night predicting the future are to/have become true. I forget what the third one was, but I recall one being about a forum announcement regarding guidelines again.

Thank you for the good news!

6 Likes

Post chain (must click to view full):

… idk what to say…

@discobot quote

9 Likes

:left_speech_bubble: Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together. — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

5 Likes

What a fitting quote for this example.

5 Likes

Idk what to say

4 Likes

Indeed, we get no trust from the leaders to be fair and this is a perfect example.

4 Likes

not going to lie, i was extremely taken aback by that conversation

5 Likes

Uh-oh, signs point to Gwe being a bad TV

2 Likes

Hopefully I didn’t offend anybody

1 Like

I agree.
Like, I get that Gwe shouldn’t have made a commitment if he didn’t think he could fulfill it, but device problems are unexpected. We’ve all experienced them. He couldn’t have known he would have problems. Honestly, I don’t get why his whole team can’t chip in and collab on his project. Wouldn’t really mess up things too bad in my opinion, but then again I don’t know what twists are coming. But the twists can be twisted.
It would be unfair for Gwe’s team to get a 0 on his project because he couldn’t (not wouldn’t) code it. It wouldn’t have been their fault, it wouldn’t have been his fault, but yet they would have had to suffer the consequences.
It was never stated in the rules that Gwe must find a backup or can’t leave his team without anything, anyway?? But he was required to?? Which I seriously don’t get. I mean, it would be nice, but it’s not required and it wouldn’t be unkind if Gwe didn’t leave his team something. This isn’t law. We aren’t lawyers and defendants, we’re tweens and teens and sometimes younger. Why must things be so unflexible and exact sometimes?
(I mean, I get safety rules until they go too far, but this. Is a contest. And a user who suddenly can’t participate because of device problems but wasn’t allowed to quit until he left his team with something.)
I honestly don’t see what Gwe did wrong. But he was kind of chastised about it repeatedly.
I also don’t get why flame wars and arguments are portalled. Can’t users learn from others’ mistakes? Figure out what happens when guidelines about those are broken and cause an issue and why the guidelines should be followed?

6 Likes

How do I create a topic?

2 Likes

You have to get the member badge to do that, but you can create a post you would like to be the opening post of the topic, and tag a lead. The leader can portal that post to turn it into a new topic.
Welcome to the forum by the way!

2 Likes

Understood.

3 Likes

From the past convo in the lounge it seems we’re all kinda not happy about the rules and how they’re not always followed (ie coded story topics getting closed at 9 or 10 days of inactivity instead of the 2-3 weeks promised in the rules, people being immediately banned instead of the 3 suspensions, then ban rule).
Anyone have an idea for how to fix these things?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have to agree

sigh Idk. I don’t know what is going to be considered, or what is going to be taken seriously. I don’t even know if our suggestions are gonna make it through to the Leads or THT, let alone taken seriously.

To be fair, this isn’t the “General Questions, Concerns, and Compliments Topic.” It’s more like the “General Questions and Complaints Topic.” I haven’t seen a single compliment in a long time, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Make that the portalled convo.

We were literally just expressing how we weren’t happy with the rules. Yes, it was kind of sarcastic, but last time I checked that’s not against the rules unless it’s pretty mean. And expressing complaints isn’t, either. Why was the convo portalled? Couldn’t it have at least been portalled here or something?

5 Likes

Can we just cut to the chase and say we aren’t happy with how the Leads/Mods run the forum? Is this too cynical to say?

5 Likes

I wasn’t sarcastic to be honest

3 Likes

It’s not the lead’s fault how the forum is run. They are taking directions from others, and probably are very strictly patrolled

3 Likes

Ok
What about “negative posts?”

2 Likes