General Project Updates Topic 2

okayyy i know i said i changed the formula but it was not working for specific cases so i had to tweak again some parameters

and here’s the result

make it an art pad?
  • yes!
  • nah!
0 voters
would you actually use it?
  • yes!
  • yes, only if there is no remix sign
  • nah, just to play around not to actually use it
0 voters

since this is the final version of the pen, i wanna tag @polygons :))

5 Likes

The second one is public

4 Likes

its intended

6 Likes

Oh okay

4 Likes

despite that nobody is gonna use my art pad (cough cough @nobody you gotta use it /j) i still made one without undo/redo

or in-app link (for some reason the previous for app links are not working nowadays)

@polygons sorry for the double tag - its my first actual project in 6 months of inactivity lol

11 Likes

I will definitely use it, it’s amazing!

7 Likes

ooh thanks for the remix/message in-app @Cutelittlekittycat i just published another version without advanced mode :))

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/13l96hv2if

again, thanks for letting me know :))

6 Likes

Oh ur welcome lol

Really good art pad btw :]

4 Likes

thank you :)) attempting to make undo/redo in v2 lets see how itll turn out (cough cough prob will not work)

5 Likes

hah so undo kinda works? i mean rn its just redrawing at 2x speed but its still something. and yes the color is bugging and the pen autowidth is not calculated yet but we’re not gonna talk about that :D

7 Likes

ohhhhh in v1 of my artpad i forgot to add a grayscale palette D: should i add it to v1 or only add that to v2 (the undo/redo version)?

6 Likes

I dunno
I think it should at least be in v2 tho
Do you think a colour slider could work or something like that?

/lh

4 Likes

i was considering it but since im using the rgb system im unsure how useful that will be tbh - doesnt most peeps use the hsb system?

5 Likes

Ohh
Maybe run a poll or something like that? There’s always a chance that a good amount of people are comfortable with RGB, I know how to use it lol /lh
Or have one of those colour wheel thingys, might not be the easiest to code for rgb tho

4 Likes

eeek i was gonna say i can do the color wheel but actually cannot - that would require adding images in the project and itll become unusable (getting in the filter everytime)

ill go with hsb slider and code a hsb ↔ rgb converter. or ill rethink of how my rgb-autowidth works. idk yet :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: priority is undo/redo!

5 Likes

RGB is better in my opinion because there are more colors (over 16 million) than HSB (with only the integers).

My StarPad Pro art pad has both HSB and RGB sliders, which automatically update in real time. My art pad uses RGB for coloring…

4 Likes

rgb → hsb almost done; one palette left. this is really taking a lot of time and concentration lol
after this, ima make 3 sliders (same shape as trails width slider) to the right, and done! yayay

actually, not done, undo isnt undoing yet

4 Likes

okay my 3rd palette didnt save and i lost all my progress??
great
restarting ig

5 Likes

UNDO REDO IS WORKING JCJSSNNDJDSKMDND
its hard to notice but the redraw speed is at 60fps instead of normal drawing speed at 30fps

6 Likes

Awesome! Does this mean you can also save drawings too? Like as user variables becuase that would be really cool

3 Likes