General Project Updates Topic 2

Did you check this link: https://explore.gethopscotch.com/p/12oufiwwr4 yet?

3 Likes

yes
Screenshot 2022-10-25 5.09.50 PM

6 Likes

The only link that will show filtered projects is the hs tools link. The web explorer one will only show a filtered project if you’re logged in as the user who published it

3 Likes

PARANORMAL PERIL!

A fun but simple monster-hunting game!

In Paranormal Peril, you hunt monsters with unique and creative vacuums! Ghosts will try to attack you from the middle and you need to defend yourself! Click the candy icon in the top right to unleash a devastating power-up!

Made for the #spooktober competition!

Play it here:

https://explore.gethopscotch.com/p/12q8rqunr5

Filtered?

@pomtl

5 Likes

Trapped
New game from Rapterdragon83
Trapped is an escape room game where you play as chinchilla. You are trapped inside a mysterious house and need to escape.
This project was made for the #spooktober competition.

@pomtl
@The_Raptors

9 Likes

Well it’s almost already been a year since Hop Battles 2 came out! Although I cannot add new characters anymore. I still managed to do something for the first anniversary Log on the 15th of November and on to unlock Mistle or 5,000 coins if you already own her.

Some of other smaller changes I made where the winter backgrounds (Loading Screen, Village, Battle Background), Will now appear every December.

Some of the other shop packs will now be on rotation for Black Friday, and Winter

As promised premium characters will eventually come to everyone last time I updated I gave the chance for players to unlock Toucan for coins, Now From November 15th and until the rest of the month you guys can unlock Robo for coins.

This will be the last update of the year with content I will do one more update at some point to give players a chance to unlock Penguin as that’s the last one that has not come back yet for everyone. But that will for sure be the last update as I announced earlier today Hop Battles: Arena; will hopefully come out before the end of the year. So that will replace Hop Battles 2 In terms of updates.

But here’s the link to the game, it might be filtered right now
https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/120fyaxrph

5 Likes

POWERUPS! :zap:

A huge new gameplay mechanic!

(V6.1.1)

Introducing: Powerups! Powerups make the game more exciting and interesting! They will occasionally float through the map and you can pick them up for a huge boost! or curse…

Powerups Added

-Speed Boost: Dash super quickly through the map while being completely invincible!

-Freeze Boost: Freeze all towers around you, making them super slow!

Curses Added

-Grow Boost: Increase in size so you can… get hit easier? Oh no, that can’t be good…

Play it with this link:
https://explore.gethopscotch.com/p/12i7otqlz2

Filtered?

7 Likes

Whale, hello there :whale:
Look who actually coded something. It kinda goes wonky if you hit the restart button, but it works otherwise.

Go Vols!

11 Likes

advice to fans: next time you win a big game, maybe dont throw the goalposts in the nearest river

9 Likes

Michigan better and Georgia

6 Likes

I just made a snowflake out of trails.

6 Likes

hopscotch’s snowflake hitbox is pretty weird so i imported the same image but in png

this makes a scan speed test possible - I made a linear scan and a logarithmic scan in the same project

the linear simply moves forward by 1 pixel in each frame and draws a trail each time hopscotch tells him it is touching something

the logarithmic one moves forward by 16 pixels each time -16 is a number I’m sure the scanner will not be able to skip an entire snowflake branch- and when it’s touching something, it goes back or forward (depending on whether they are touching or not) by 8, then 4, then 2, then 1. this will determine the exact position of the snowflake’s edge. then it does the same thing for the other side (the exact position where the branch ends). finally, it draws a trail between the beginning and the end of the branch and continues its road

the latter scan makes it a ton faster to execute

if it’s filtered:

6 Likes

Here’s my advent calendar entry:

3 Likes
4 Likes

This project was made with turning various objects and clones.

For the advent calendar challenge!

4 Likes

@TheMemers released an old draft of mine

8 Likes

@nindroid I made a project that generates a snowflake based on your username. Post a screenshot if yours looks cool.

16 Likes

Try playing around with the width of the scanner, you can test multiple pixels at once and only need to lower the width if you actually find anything.

7 Likes

interesting, i have the same snowflake as petrichor

7 Likes

Same, is the great -1 sure it isn’t just one snowflake?

6 Likes