General, Project and Editor Settings

General, Project and Editor Settings

This is a list of some ideas I had for some more settings. I’d like it if you gave me feedback :slight_smile:

They are organized into three sections: General, Project and Editor settings.

General Settings

The general settings and the rest of the settings can be accessed by clicking the gear icon. Instead of showing the little pop up, it brings up a window designed similarly to the seeds one. It’s labeled settings, and there are four pages: About, General, Project, and Editor.

The About section gives you the account info and stuff. The General tab has the rest of the current settings (log out, help, etc.)

There is also another added feature in general: display. You can choose between light, dark or system (sets to your system’s current color.)

Project

There are two ways to access project settings: by clicking the gear icon, or publishing a project. On each project is a little gear icon that you can click to open your project settings. The project settings in the general settings is used to set the default settings for each project.

Settings:

• Watermark on remix - allows you to toggle the watermark on the project
• Carry over data on remix (this could also be a carry over variables on remix if data is too hard) - if on, when the project is remixed, it carries over data. For example, if you made a really awesome art sketch, when you remix it and open the remix, the drawing will still be there. If this is not possible, the variables one would carry over variable data, allowing for things like custom songs in music making projects to be heard in the remix.

In the general settings - project settings, you can also create custom project templates.

Editor

The editor settings allow you to change certain things in the editor.

Settings:

• Disable drag - disables the feature which allows you to “drag” a block or variable to the workspace.

I will think of more in the future.

@omtl @Ana @Elizabeth

21 Likes

Noice idea der
First post

4 Likes

These are some good ideas:)

4 Likes

good good good ideas⁹⁹

3 Likes

nice ideas! I would love the theme on especially to be implemented into the app :slight_smile:

8 Likes

These ideas are really nice! I’d love to see them being added to Hopscotch.

5 Likes

Awesome ideas!

3 Likes

Cool! I forgot I turned off omtl, but it’s cuz I read all topics, so that’s not necessary 4 me

2 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

I fixed title typo btw

2 Likes

Sounds like @Awesome_E’s topic

3 Likes