General OSC code Debugging Topic

General OSC code debugging topic

Any questions/debugging requests on one of my OSC topics goes here, because asking for debugging in an academic topic doesn’t seem right and does not make any sense at all for me. Please note that this topic is not for general questions - it’s about your draft’s code.

10 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/osl1-bitwise-exponential-tile-mapping/64674/16?u=tri-angle

looks correct for me - if you need help inside your project, leave me a tag here :+1:

also, it looks like you missed some directions arrangements - i count 12 but there should be 16

6 Likes

Are the police on my trail now

Anyways here’s something I need help with

I need help making sure I have all combinations down. The arrows indicate where connecting tiles are. For example, <v means there’s a tile below and to the left of the tile.

Don’t worry about diagonal connections.

Here is the table

3 Likes

That’s what I found too, but I don’t know what I’m missing.

3 Likes

i can’t find up, left, right, and left+right

2 Likes

I didn’t see this one! Thanks!

1 Like

i mean single up, single left, and single right

1 Like

Yk I’m the kind of person that would make a mistake like that :skull:

Thanks so much because that makes 16!

1 Like

no prob - if you have any other questions, feel free to give me a tag here!

1 Like

may i ask what you mean there? if your grid is set up correctly, nothing theoretically should be cut

i’m not sure why you’d add that huge black outline

1 Like

Well it’s probably set up wrong but I don’t want to redo everything because I spent way to long on it (unless I don’t have to redo everything)

It looked a lot smaller on my computer

1 Like

maybe with a project link, i can help you - i can guaranty 9-slice method is really great

1 Like

Here’s the link (it’s in the filter so you might have to wait)

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12l72cc1w8

Most of the connection code is useless I was experimenting with different methods so don’t worry about it

1 Like

saw your code - noticed this problem (that doesn’t affect yet the project): all neighbours have the same value, which is 1, and like i mentioned in the topic they must have a 2^n value (where n is their direction: 0, 1, 2, and 3)

the picture you showed has a really thick outline, and the road is not centered, so that’s why you found it really ugly. if you draw everything correctly, i bet 100 seeds you’ll like it [1]

1. ok i cant bet because that’s not allowed, so just imagine i mentally bet you 100 :seedling: ↩︎

2 Likes

I’m using clone index to find the direction

I’ll try a different method, although the image should be centered?

1 Like

i don’t understand what you mean by “method” - your code is ok, only the picture is weird. you need to redraw the picture and done :hs_bear:

1 Like

You tell me this image isn’t centered and I’ll give YOU 100 seeds /j /hop-police-or-cd1f-will-come-for-me-if-I’m-serious

2 Likes

Yes it’s off by a little bit, it’s just a lot more off in the game.

2 Likes

It isn’t that off and why is it still so big? (The border)

2 Likes

The border looked smaller on my computer

1 Like