General Leadership Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

unless they buy products in a seed dev’s game

2 Likes

Not necessarily. They can give it back by buying IAPs or donating to a different seed dev and having them pass it along

5 Likes

You could purchase items in their game to give back the seeds.

1 Like

Yes

I mean, we all have done it sometimes but it really isn’t worth it. Talking bad about yourself won’t get you anywhere. I mean if someone compliments you, say thanks instead of turning it down and call yourself the opposite. If you think it will get you anywhere in life, it won’t. It’s not just here, many many people criticise themselves because they don’t practice. I mean, you won’t be someone like Leonardo Da Vinci (correct me if I said it wrong) the first time you draw, so you are obviously going to be not the best at it. And there is no point saying you are bad at art if you don’t even practice.
Talking bad about yourself is as bad as boasting/bragging about your achievements. If you try your hardest, there is no need to talk bad about yourself. The best thing you can do is congratulate others on their work. You may think it is nothing, you aren’t hurting anyone else’s feelings but your own, but your turning down all those nice compliments instead of using them to get further. And I have to admit I’ve done this before, but I learned from my mistakes and used them to get better in life.
If you have any complaints please feel free to tell in the reply section.

Idrk if this needs to be a topic but ok

20 Likes

did you seriously make this because of what I’ve been saying?

8 Likes

Just chill it’s a good thing that needs too be talked about

7 Likes

But this topic really isn’t needed if it has nothing too do with hopscotch

8 Likes

I know

also, you’re right- it could go in the MSS2

7 Likes

I agree with you and what dragon said

7 Likes

Im really bad at not talking bad abt myself

14 Likes

I think there’s a fine line between being humble and falsely modest. Sometimes people are put on pedestals much higher than where they should be and it’s fine for them to say that.

That being said, this doesn’t need its own topic. It can go in the general concerns/comments/questions topic :))

16 Likes

I would explain the psychology behind this but I do not believe this belongs here, I would definitely get a leader to move this or close this

10 Likes

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I didn’t know where to put it so yeah

5 Likes

@Leaders, could you merge with another topic? Thank you!

6 Likes

Thanks for that reminder!
And as Louise Hay said: “Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”

4 Likes

Eh I use self-deprecation as a weird form of humor
I do have a source of unlimited confidence unless I’m really sad but I still never assume I’m really good at a skill so that I can actually make more progress in that field
Which is a similar use to this wierdo named Electogenius I found on the internet

7 Likes

Yeah, most of the 666 jokes are cuz of/for 6 and the OG username. Story behind that is actually a lot more wholesome than you’d expect tho. not really not anything to do with the more typical one.

The thing with 666 is that yes, it can be “eh” for some users because of the reIigious connotation, but if we’re getting technical in that sense, it’s a reIigion in and of itself that likely feels the same about its antithesis reIigion. There’s no difference then between it or anything else — they can all be equally perceived as offensive to some. That’s how it works with all controversial issues. So all reIigion, all politics, all social movements, quite literally everything in this day and age, considering that everything can perceived as offensive to someone.
You have to know when to distinguish between an actually legitimately offensive issues and the smaller things that can be made into something bigger than what they are.

In this context, it’s quite literally just a number being used like any other number. If you’re going beyond that, I’d say it’s a superstitious number, but that’s it. And even in that regard it is the exact same thing as 7 or 13, or whatever else. There’s nothing inherently wrong with it, just perceptions based on personal experience but more importantly, context. And in every single context where it’s used, it is just a number.

Don’t get me wrong — I obviously strongly believe in respecting and accepting everyone and their beliefs, regardless of your own — but I think the thing with bringing anything not strictly Hopscotch related anywhere on a Hopscotch platform is that there’s going to be something somewhere that someone doesn’t like. While changes will be made for big issues, a huge part of life is learning to live, adapt, be flexible and just accept. If you can’t accept, then ignore as much as you can. If you can’t ignore, learn to accept and deal. It works that way with everything in my experience.
You will never be able to make everyone happy. That’s a lesson that we have all learnt or soon will learn. It’s also something that Jazz taught us at the very beginning of our Leader journeys. You can’t cut the restrictions so tight that there’s no breathing room, but you need to have them in place when something very important, like safety, is concerned. Trying to appease everyone just leads to an even bigger mess. You need to know when to act and fix a problem and sometimes just when to leave it be and let it breathe.

This is one of those cases. It’s fine, and I will stand by that statement. That’s all I’ll say, but I did have to say something.

5 Likes

I could contredict you but ill let the leaders handle it

The reason I’m mad is cause right after I said I had a problem with it you used it again

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t wanna turn this into a debate or argument, but I did have to say my bit

I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t see your post. I’m sorry for the bad timing on my part regardless. Not the kind of person to purposefully do something like that n I’m sorry that I did, even tho it was completely accidental.

5 Likes

I believe you and understand

No need to apologize, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t intentional cause it did seem like it. That didn’t seem like you one bit

5 Likes