General Leadership Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

Ima stalker. I read posts.

1 Like

The fact that the person laughed at the topic closing is kinda scary to say the least

1 Like

So… what happened? Sorry, if I’m asking too much.

1 Like

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

<yes it’s a complete sentence>

1 Like

I agree. This happens WAY too much nowadays.

3 Likes

That explains nothing but the feeling.

So are seeds gonna be a non sub thing too? Or no?

2 Likes

They are a non sub thing

1 Like

No I mean the ‘request seeds’ block.

seeds are in IAP, but select people are seed “developers” which means they can build seed IAPs into their games and earn seeds

I’m not sure if they will eventually be available to the public or kept private, I assume the latter as it is a lot of moderation

4 Likes

You can earn seeds?

2 Likes

with the request seeds block yeah

2 Likes

Oh. Dang. Thought for a moment there I could somehow get seeds without paying money.

2 Likes

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/you-can-talk-about-your-hopscotch-coding-here-19-official/57688/9177?u=goatgames

I tried @nobody

while I’m not sure how they choose hops for it, the seed developer program gives that chance

3 Likes

what happened here

1 Like

There have been almost 10 new topics in the last couple days that have been pretty much immediately closed. Either they created a topic that was already existed such as a bug report, they didn’t read the guidelines, or it was something that could be put in YCTAYHCH. I am not calling anyone out. I just think that especially new users should just think to themselves, read the guidelines, or even ask someone to see if that topic is needed. And then, if they still think that that topic should be posted, add detail. Don’t just create a one liner topic. For a post, sure, but a topic should have a clear topic. For example, if you want to launch a collab, put a poll in the YCTAYHCH, not a whole topic. Then create a unlisted topic for the collab. Again, I’m not calling anyone out on this, it is just a gentle reminder because I find that a new user often creates loads of topics in one day, most of which end up closing as they have no clear subject.

14 Likes

Fair reminder :))

4 Likes

I wonder how new users would know to post a poll on the GDT. Or if they would know what an unlisted topic is. Or if they would know to search before they posted, because none of that is in the community guidelines.

To be honest, I think that this community needs to be more inclusive to new users, rather than just welcoming them when they join and leaving it at that.
Of course I don’t expect anyone to agree with me. But that’s just my two cents :)

2 Likes

That’s a very valid point - what kinds of things specifically are you thinking of? Perhaps you could bring it up here if it’s okay with you?

4 Likes

What I’m thinking is that if a new user posts on the GDT, engage with them. And then go back to taking about your collab or whatever.
If a new user makes an unnecessary topic - although I think the leaders usually do this anyway - tell them what they can do instead of making a topic. Give them links to different topics they can look at.
Speak to them directly about it, and don’t make posts about it on this topic (not calling anyone out for it). New users aren’t going to go onto this topic and realize that someone is talking about them.

I don’t think this needs to go onto the welcome topic - these are just things to do in general, and aren’t supposed to be very specific.

4 Likes