General Leadership Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

[“details=please open only if you’re a hopscotch administrator; trying to value others’ privacy”]

Hey I have a concern about the Remodeling Coding collab- don’t get me wrong I think it’s a great collab. And you can clearly see that the people apart of it are well invested in @petrichor’s story and well natured. Even I think the collab seems like fun.

However some of the questions on the main post and the posts following it…seem a bit violent, to the point where they’re a bit uncomfy. I tried playing along with it at first; but one of the questions literally asks if you ever destroyed a building before. Clearly, I would assume this is a joke. Still however, it doesn’t seem appropriate for a coding app full of children. If fish “dateing” isn’t allowed, then how come violence and terrostic questions are? I agree with the decision to edit the fish topic, and I’m not trying to have any unnecessary drama. I just wanted to tell you guys about it.

Thanks, and again I don’t mean anything by this. I think the people running he topic are great and it was mostly likely just a silly mistake.

[/details]

2 Likes

The folder didn’t work. :(((

Also sorry about the kindness squad fiasco; I didn’t realize there was already a topic for it.

2 Likes

is this about the remodeling collab or the fish thing competition?

3 Likes

Remodeling collab

3 Likes

ah, i can totally see what you meant now, and no worries, i was just a tad confused lol.

yeah, that’d probably be a better way for me to have handled it. i’ll keep that in mind the next time i have a concern or whatnot regarding the forums ^^

5 Likes

They gave a reply of yeah sure you can use it. Its great that you actually coded the system.

5 Likes

Yep :))

The “more info” bit is out now in the nominate your project topic btw, if you’d like to go check that out

6 Likes

Yeah. I don’t make those projects just to get curated. I was using them because I was wondering, how much effort do I need to put to get a 250 x 500 pixel art?

I got my answer. 3 minutes.

5 Likes

the fact that a couple leads have faved this post, indicating that they’re at least seen this post once, and yet still do nothing to talk about this is concerning. i took Ana’s suggestion on making a suggestion, even in a ( somewhat ) negative situation like this, but there’s still no response from anyone, let alone Serenity despite posting some art in the Inktober topic less then a week ago. it feels as though the leads / mods are avoiding this on purpose, which although we can only hope is not the case, it’s starting to feel like it seeing as some of the leads have seen + indicted that yes, they have seen this post, but continue to remain in silence as the community waits for an answer.
i do not intend to be harsh when i say this, but if Serenity is well enough to post her own art on a separate art topic, which takes time and effort to do, i’m certain that she ( or any other lead for that matter ) can fully well answer this + get the NaturalArt topic started again.

4 Likes

yeah—I mean they are busy but it can be a little annoying to not have a response for a while

maybe tag the leader group?

4 Likes

i highly doubt that they’d answer this anytime soon, seeing the way it’s been handled thus far. besides, two of them even indicated that they’ve seen the post by liking it, so i’m sure that at least some of them are aware of what’s going on

5 Likes

You’re doing a good job of waiting, it’s probably that Reni may have something in secret planned for it, or may be too busy to put something together, since going through the entities and all can take time! besides she’s currently busy atm, it’s probably going to be a super intense week for her so try on fri or so? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

uh-oh I smell controversy

4 Likes

Is there a way I can change my name on the forum?

1 Like

Yes, you can, but you need to have visited the forum 365 days.

I’ve got a looong way to go

1 Like

yeah, i was thinking of changing my name from Albus_Dumbledore to Albus because Albus_Dumbledore is waaay too long, and then realize that I need to visit the forum for 240 more days.

Nope, actually.

you can ask a mod (Ana, reni, cm or pumpkin) to change it whenever but you have to wait at least 365 days for another name change

@Albus_Dumbledore @QuadraticStudios

5 Likes

wait a second…

@TheCMStudios can you change my name to

Albus

Or uhh will you not???

1 Like