General Leadership Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

AAAA omg its u
oh to be transported back to the summer of 2018…

3 Likes

Yeah, those were the days haha

5 Likes

Wow, thanks for this. Reading, hah

11 Likes

Is there a topic to report potential bugs with the Hopscotch App itself?

5 Likes

You make a topic

3 Likes

I don’t like being the bug here, but I’ve been noticing increased tension and/or friction between users of different trust levels, specifically tl3 (Regulars) and tl4 (Leaders). It usually involves clarifying guidelines/rules, with one party asking for clarification, and the other providing an answer that does not fully answer the one party’s question. Either that, or dodging the question by saying “Sorry it’s the rules”

In my opinion, that is not an acceptable answer. It’s too vague and shows a lack of knowledge or care to the situation. Now, these conversations usually happen after posts have been portaled away over something minor.

Example: Two users talking about chess, and one asks a question regarding to how they play chess (though a website or the classic board). The one user mentions a website, and the other user alludes to using it. Now, the latter did not mention their username or anything of that matter, so no CoF. I fail to see how this requires a portal of posts. The Leader present chastises the two users for having the convo, even though the users had no knowledge of the other’s presence on other media. The one user asked a question as to how this counts as CoF or even pCoF, and have yet to receive an answer.

This is one example of a situation that happened, which caused some tension and friction. I don’t want to point fingers, but it seems to be both sides partially causing it. This may coincide with the announcement made on the Leads Q & A topic about a rift between trust levels. Keep in mind that trust levels were made to separate each users “trust” and therefore dividing them (metaphorically not literally). It should be understood that there will be divides, and having this issue brought up now should not be new news.

Anyhow, that was my speech. I hope this can be solved through peaceful means.

thank you

7 Likes

I agree, but what if the leader truly did lack the knowledge to answer the other users’ questions, and decided to ask someone else and get back to the users on the question?

3 Likes

If a leader does not know the reason behind the rule/case, then why is it a rule/why should that case be enforced?

– nobody

4 Likes

Perhaps THT decided on it. The leaders probably aren’t entirely omniscient about the rules.

3 Likes

Well, it seems that recently when asked questions, some Leaders give the “Sorry it’s the rules” answer, which doesn’t really answer anything.

If they genuinely don’t know, fair enough (forgot to add this my bad)

You bring up a good point. It should not be enforced if the party enforcing it doesn’t understand why it should be, because if a user asks a question then the Leader can’t answer

4 Likes

True true

Though I feel like the Leaders do think this sometimes

3 Likes

I understand why, but sometimes it goes to far imo

2 Likes

frr like idk what they mean with me “getting hurt” like ???

4 Likes

i got banned for the personal info rule and cof :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Somebody could find you on another platform and possibly threaten/harm you

I don’t have any experience with this, so I would ask a Lead for further detail

3 Likes

i appreciate the thought but my accounts are public and i take proper precautions so it’s just annoying. i almost lost all of my friends from here bc of the rule

4 Likes

Yeah, I can understand how it’s annoying, and sometimes I feel the same way

I just try to think how it might prevent anything bad from happening, but I completely understand your frustration.

3 Likes

I think it could prevent bad situations like this: you may share info about yourself here, such as your birthday, age, appearance, etc. You may have other social media accounts, or even just games with chatting features. There, you may be sharing things like photos of yourself, your name, etc. Those are more personal things, and on social media platforms whose target audience is not kids, there may be no rules or guidelines on sharing personal info like that. Say someone finds info about you here, and is able to find other accounts, possibly social media accounts, of yours. Suppose there are little to no restrictions on what personal info you can share there. That person may now be able to track you down from the info shared there, and even if you did not share personal info there, you may have shared account usernames of yours from other platforms. On other platforms, you may have shared personal info, and the person may be able to track you down. If you were able to share usernames for other platforms here, it could make the process a whole lot easier for someone who wants to track you down. Even if you mentioned you simply used a platform, that person could scour that platform for your account.

I’m not completely sure if that’s how it could prevent a bad situation, so take this with a grain of salt I guess.

6 Likes

@Kitty4U2 this is a better explanation.

I agree 100% One thing can lead to many other things, and the best thing to do is play it safe.

4 Likes

YES!!!

I was also outraged so to speak, and didn’t reply because I didn’t want to engage lol.

Couldn’t agree more!

6 Likes