General Leadership Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

The leaders reached out in the first place to make sure that the projects did not violate any community guidelines. This is something we do for projects posted in the community to make sure that nothing is against the guideline.

The slow mode and post deletion I responded to above is because of the statement that leaders were getting involved.

7 Likes

the suspension was in the project, not on the forum, and i read the op with every edit, but if it was a deleted posts, i’m wrong and i didn’t see it, maybe it was deleted before i could check and i didn’t see anything regarding the leaders until then. again, i may be wrong

i’m sorry if i seem like i’m not listening to what you’re saying

5 Likes

The reason why you cannot be a developer is not that there’s something against you, but we do not allow Hopscotchers to collect information via forms/applications outside of the forum to sign up as a developer. After we told Jay that this is not allowed, I believe he decided not to invite developers to his project, and I believe the changes were made so that “the developers” part was not a part of his project anymore.

8 Likes

What applications outside the forum? I don’t recall saying anything about anything outside of the forum, if you were talking about the part where I asked if I needed a resume (which was mainly a joke) I meant like a HS project resume, not a document or anything off the forum.

4 Likes

It was going to be a form (quote a post and fill out) to apply, here’s an example

Example form
Hopscotch username:
Question:

4 Likes

@Liquid Thanks for adding this form!

@StarlightStudios It wasn’t anything related to what you had commented or what you had done, but more on how the project Tapping Demons were supposed to work out all the logistics, from finding developers/testers to organizing the project. There are other details we discussed about the project that I will not go into here. After discussing it with Jay, it turned out to be a lot more complicated than intended, with the potential risk of exposing Hopscotchers on the forum to outside communication, and that’s why the part about having “developers” were just not in the project anymore. And I do thank Jay for working with us throughout this process about the project details.

This means that, afterward, it doesn’t matter who asks to join as a developer, it was not going to be a part of the project anymore, therefore “not allowed.” But I think the “not allowed” part is more of a miscommunication, the more appropriate thing to tell you is that it’s just not going to be a part of the project anymore.

This process is also not uncommon - a lot of projects posted on the forum get questions from the leaders on how the logistics would work to prevent violating the community guidelines potentially along the way, and people end up having need to change parts of their projects to make sure that it’d be a successful and smooth process.

6 Likes

Ok thank you!

4 Likes

Actually I do have one more question, is there a reason me becoming a developer is different then having a collab account? Like what’s the difference of me being a developer and me and the other members of the team having a collab account

3 Likes

I feellike this username /text thing is kinda mean like it made me sad “nobody likes your post” that’s so mean :frowning: can it be changed pls

5 Likes

It already had to get approved for it to be made though, so I don’t know if it will get changed since it’s already gotten approved.

5 Likes

It would be pretty disappointing to get your title changed because of a joke though

6 Likes

Just wondering, (sorry if you already explained it) would that be allowed if it was a collab account?

4 Likes

it is not intended to come off as mean in any way
actually i think i made it that because thats literally what the notification was a while ago (it would say “(username) liked your post” instead of stating the topic name), so i meant for it to be a joke
but if you want i can change it

6 Likes

it usually cannot be changed, maybe it can now because nobody and triangle won the summer competition, but don’t feel sad about it, it’s a joke and not directed towards anyone.

6 Likes

when i first joined the forum i really thought anyone who liked my post will have the “liked your post” thing lolll

8 Likes

Same! I was quite confused …

4 Likes

i do have the ability to change it, i think i can actually change it twice

4 Likes

@StarlightStudios @Mouldycheese8

If your collab is strictly done within the forum, then it should be okay whether you’re a developer or a collab. The problem is not with the “developers”, the problem is with how that project was specifically designed to run.

7 Likes

Ok, so basically if all of the developers were on the forum and that was only how we communicated, it would be fine for me to be a developer?

2 Likes

Yes. And plus your project should not potentially violate the community guideline in other ways.

Most of the time, people’s projects are okay, you can refer to the projects currently listed on the forum to see an example of what is allowed.

5 Likes