General Leadership Questions, Concerns and Compliments topic

I’m not replying to you, if you click on the quote it was a reply to me

4 Likes

This makes sense. I will discuss it with the leaders. Thanks!

14 Likes

You can ask it in the leaders qna topic

3 Likes

Finally some accountability :pray:

4 Likes

I find that some edits made by leaders can come off as condescending, especially if I’m not trying to do anything wrong. It may be a misunderstanding but regardless it doesn’t mean people shouldn’t be held accountable.

Saying “you know this” is as helpful as your local student council in high school but that’s just my 2 cents. Treating older users with this kind of expected knowledge is understandable, but a regular user doesn’t know everything, and mistakes are made. We as regulars should know the rules of the land but being ostracized by leaders for making small mistakes along the way is too far. I haven’t been here for some time and I don’t know what has or has not changed but I certainly do not appreciate being talked down upon.

But hey I don’t make the rules I just occasionally forget them :shushing_face:

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is the right topic for this and I’m sorry if it isn’t, but I’m a bit upset with this and I feel like after all of this confusion regarding little to no transparency, we were all finally getting somewhere and it was looking good but then I feel like we went backwards and now it’s back to deleting posts and telling me to just stay silent and listen.

If there’s confusion on the project and the rules, why would you put a slow mode on the topic? It will make it so no one could chat about what these new rules even are and the reason behind them (which I know was the purpose). Which brings me to the next topic of why can’t we have those discussions? We were getting pretty close to wrapping it up and stopping all of the confusion but now it’s all gone and we have to wait a week to post. I know a reason is probably so the topic doesn’t get clogged up, but we can just move the posts somewhere else that might fit them better. I’m not mad at anybody I’m just even more confused then I was 5 minutes ago.

I would recommend (obviously you don’t have to listen I’m not trying to sound like that btw) you maybe make a post throughly explaining each change and why and then let people ask questions? But I’m not trying to take full control of this or anything so don’t take it as that please.

Once again, I’m not mad at anyone and I just want answers.

7 Likes

As a game developer, it’s upsetting having your topic slow moded, I am sorry about your problem but it’s out of my hands.

3 Likes

I know your not in control, I’m talking to the leaders. /lh /nm

3 Likes

The reason why the topic Tapping Demons was being put on a slow mode is that there was some back-and-forth while people were getting confused.

We were contacting @Liquid via a PM about his claim that the leaders would be involved in his project in giving punishments to people (which we did not agree to), so we wanted to slow down the conversation before we sort out an agreement. We later deleted posts related to this so that other people don’t get confused.

Generally, we don’t step into people’s projects, even if some rules were confusing. However, because this topic seemed to have involved the leaders at some point, the topic was put on a slow mode to make sure that the project itself makes sense before people think that the leaders are also a part of the project.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have questions!

8 Likes

i don’t remember any claim with the leaders getting involved, until the leaders reached out to them
but maybe they were deleted first, i did have it on watching the whole time though

4 Likes

Ok thank you, that explains the slow mode part. Do you mind clarifying the part about me being able to join the dev team?
Awesome_E and Jay both made statements regarding me being able to join that contradict each other, (not saying someone was lying, it was probably a miscommunication issue) both have been deleted but could you explain what actually went down?

3 Likes

The leaders reached out in the first place to make sure that the projects did not violate any community guidelines. This is something we do for projects posted in the community to make sure that nothing is against the guideline.

The slow mode and post deletion I responded to above is because of the statement that leaders were getting involved.

7 Likes

the suspension was in the project, not on the forum, and i read the op with every edit, but if it was a deleted posts, i’m wrong and i didn’t see it, maybe it was deleted before i could check and i didn’t see anything regarding the leaders until then. again, i may be wrong

i’m sorry if i seem like i’m not listening to what you’re saying

5 Likes

The reason why you cannot be a developer is not that there’s something against you, but we do not allow Hopscotchers to collect information via forms/applications outside of the forum to sign up as a developer. After we told Jay that this is not allowed, I believe he decided not to invite developers to his project, and I believe the changes were made so that “the developers” part was not a part of his project anymore.

8 Likes

What applications outside the forum? I don’t recall saying anything about anything outside of the forum, if you were talking about the part where I asked if I needed a resume (which was mainly a joke) I meant like a HS project resume, not a document or anything off the forum.

4 Likes

It was going to be a form (quote a post and fill out) to apply, here’s an example

Example form
Hopscotch username:
Question:

4 Likes

@Liquid Thanks for adding this form!

@StarlightStudios It wasn’t anything related to what you had commented or what you had done, but more on how the project Tapping Demons were supposed to work out all the logistics, from finding developers/testers to organizing the project. There are other details we discussed about the project that I will not go into here. After discussing it with Jay, it turned out to be a lot more complicated than intended, with the potential risk of exposing Hopscotchers on the forum to outside communication, and that’s why the part about having “developers” were just not in the project anymore. And I do thank Jay for working with us throughout this process about the project details.

This means that, afterward, it doesn’t matter who asks to join as a developer, it was not going to be a part of the project anymore, therefore “not allowed.” But I think the “not allowed” part is more of a miscommunication, the more appropriate thing to tell you is that it’s just not going to be a part of the project anymore.

This process is also not uncommon - a lot of projects posted on the forum get questions from the leaders on how the logistics would work to prevent violating the community guidelines potentially along the way, and people end up having need to change parts of their projects to make sure that it’d be a successful and smooth process.

6 Likes

Ok thank you!

4 Likes

Actually I do have one more question, is there a reason me becoming a developer is different then having a collab account? Like what’s the difference of me being a developer and me and the other members of the team having a collab account

3 Likes

I feellike this username /text thing is kinda mean like it made me sad “nobody likes your post” that’s so mean :frowning: can it be changed pls

5 Likes