Game Of The Week Seed Developers

I don’t think you would be saying this if you were one though

2 Likes

It’s just like a masterpiece tab pretty much except and it’s showing off games from top hops that you can pay money for

Hopscotch also makes a good amount of money off of this

2 Likes

That’s true, I haven’t seen the other side. As a seed dev, your project gets on top games automatically. I’m not saying that they dont deserve it, but its kind of unfair for others that try just as hard. Think about it, projects on the top games tab stay there permanently. This is the equivalent of the masterpiece tab with fewer projects, meaning each project will get more plays.
And like you said, this is mostly for Hopscotch to make money. With the projects featured, more people will tap them and buy things,

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree

2 Likes

Also, only seed program projects go on there btw

2 Likes

That’s fine!

2 Likes

Sorry, bad wording, thats what i meant

2 Likes

Ok

And all of the projects on there deserve masterpiece (IMO) so I don’t mind them having their own tab

I felt the same way last time when I wasn’t in it

2 Likes

I agree! I just think they should go on Masterpiece, not a separate tab. But like you said, its probably to raise awareness about the program and earn Hopscotch more money

2 Likes

Yeah but they have to do that cause the have iap

I can’t really explain though

2 Likes

I’m gonna explain why this doesn’t necessarily work or need to be implemented

1. seed dev games are actually already shuffled, just not as frequently as every week. I believe it’s every 2-3 weeks, but the newer ones will stay near the top a bit longer than older ones so they get slightly more exposure
  2. the existing top games tab already has all of the seed dev games, and is shuffled as I’ve already explained. There’s no point in having another tab for the exact same thing; it’d be relatively pointless, even if it got them more attention
  3. which… isn’t really necessary, since they’re already on the first page of the app and heavily promoted. People see these projects a lot more than other projects, even curated ones, and it doesn’t make sense to try to give them even more attention, even if it’ll get THT more money

hope that all makes sense, I’d be happy to elaborate more if needed

9 Likes

well this was a mess lol

1 Like

You broke your keyboard, congrats! Lol.

1 Like

Sure lol I know your kidding but your so lucky
I think it’s a okay idea but we don’t need it and sometimes people forget to like if they choose to so we don’t need this

thanks i guess? :laughing:

1 Like

Like this but don’t Hs already mix them up once and a while

1 Like

yep, they’re shuffled around every so often. Curated tabs, except masterpieces, aren’t because usually they’re updated in relatively small batches so they all get a fair amount of attention. We’re also trying a funnel system where a project spends some time on rising first, and then gets moved up to excellent if it should, so there’s more attention for curated projects now because they stay up a bit longer

4 Likes