FTM’s First Official Marker Jam

This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@Find.The.Markers) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

Welcome to the First Official Marker Jam!!!

Here’s how it works:
On 2023-01-16T06:00:00Z, a project theme will be announced.
Using that specific theme, you have to make a project you will have 5 days to make a project, having the competition end on 2023-01-22T06:00:00Z.
So, technically 144 hours.
In those 144 hours, try to include as many of the features that can earn you points!
On day 3 of the competition, a bonus theme will be announced.
Use this theme for bonus points!

Here’s how you can earn points.

Theme- Up to 20 points (Points are earned on how well the theme is displayed).
Creativity- Up to 15 points (Points are earned on how originally the theme is used, and how creative the game genre works).
Entertainment- Up to 12 points (Enjoyment is crucial in a game; try to make it as enjoyable as possible for as long as possible).
Complexity- Up to 10 points (Complexity in gameplay mechanics can add to this score. Coding things that are naturally challenging to code also contributes to points here).
Mechanics- Up to 10 points (Better game functions means better games! Try to make the game work as interestingly as possible).
Polish- Up to 10 points (Try to make your graphics as fitting and pretty as possible for points here. Try sticking to a color scheme with good contrast and fitting sizes for in-game objects).
Gameplay- Up to 10 points (Try to make gameplay interesting and fitting with the theme. If any, try to make plot as interesting as possible, so the player will want to keep playing.)
Bonus theme- Up to 8 points (Points are earned on how well the bonus theme is displayed).

All that adds up to 95 points; make sure to include these as much as possible in your game!!!

Anybody can participate once the competition begins!

Prizes

Participants will receive 5 spamlikes on Hopscotch and 10 on the forum (Handled by @Find.The.Markers), and 5 Star Coins (Handled by @KingGuin87).

1st Place
25 likes on a project of choice (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
20 Hopscotch spamlikes (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
20 forum spamlikes (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
5 likes on a project of choice (Handled by @KingGuin87)
1 mushroom on a project of choice (Handled by @KingGuin87)

2nd Place
15 likes on a project of choice (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
10 Hopscotch spamlikes (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
20 forum spamlikes (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)

3rd Place
5 likes on a project of choice (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
5 Hopscotch spamlikes (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)
10 forum spamlikes (Handled by @Find.The.Markers)

Reply to this topic to give out prizes!

Can’t wait to see all your awesome submissions!!!

@FTM_GG

10 Likes

Awesome!

I would like to participate!

Also, I would like to give 5 Star Coins to every participant, and 5 likes on a project of choice to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!

7 Likes

Whoops, looks like “2nd place” is written double, I also had this with my No Variables Contest!

7 Likes

Whoops, my bad!

Looks like when adding your prizes, I copy pasted 2nd place…

8 Likes

I’ll participate!

6 Likes

Anybody planning to add to the rewards?

7 Likes

I will give 1 mushroom to 1st place.

5 Likes

Sure!
That works

6 Likes

@FTM_GG

The competition has begun… yesterday?

Totally forgot about this lol, I guess it starts today now :]

The theme is…

Open space!

Your projects could go from the amount of space in something to space itself!
Ofc, there are many more ideas, but get coding!!! :]

8 Likes

So we have 3 days left, but we are also busy with Octo-Pi’s comp, so can we have a little bit more time?
@MarkerGames

5 Likes

Sure, I’ll extend the deadline to 6 days!

6 Likes

Wait, so the theme is space, right? (Space with stars)

I’m bad at English lol

5 Likes

Space in a place, or space itself :]

6 Likes

@FTM_GG

The bonus theme is…

Selling!

Try to include any kind of mechanic that features selling items. Maybe a shop to your game, or add some people that request specific items. Make sure to add a reward from selling!

7 Likes

I really like this competition, but I’m too busy to participate…

I can still give the prizes though.

@MarkerGames

5 Likes

Done!

5 Likes

Today is the last day!!!

@FTM_GG

3 Likes

It would be better if you tag people who aren’t done, and not your own tag group :wink:

3 Likes

(((there is no participant list for this comp so it’s understandable they choose to tag their tag list instead:) )))

2 Likes

yes, and maybe he did it so his tag list could get ready for the judging poll, if there is one.

2 Likes