Free tutorial categories giving you free seeds(or any other rewards)

Yeah so, know those categories in the Learn tab that have multiple tutorials inside? If you complete all of those tutorials, you’d get free seeds(maybe not that much?) or any other reward
Would be a cool encouragement for kids to learn about code

19 Likes

That’s actually a cool idea
Maybe like 20-30 seeds

7 Likes

I agree but I don’t think we should be rewarded many seeds just like a random amount based on how you did the tutorials like 3-15 seeds.

6 Likes

Thats good for people who cannot afford sub
And others who spend their time on watching

6 Likes

Ooo, what a wonderful idea! This certainly would be great for new users!

6 Likes

This would be good. But would this be a one time thing? Also my video tutorial tab doesn’t load no matter what I do.

3 Likes

Yeah of course for each category because people would farm it

That video tutorial thing is probably related to vimeo blocked in your country or the ongoing infamous no internet connection bug

3 Likes

It’s probably the first one because it doesn’t load even if the rest of my hopscotch is receiving internet.

3 Likes

Great idea! This would help encourage new users to keep coding!
I’m thinking something like:

A Bite Sized Intro To Coding: 4 seeds
How Coding Works: 9 seeds
Game Components: 5 seeds
Art: 4 seeds
Science: 3 seeds
Animation: 3 seeds
Puzzles: 3 seeds
Simulation: 3 seeds
Action & Adventure: 6 seeds
Make A Game In Minutes: 3 seeds
App Store Favorites: 5 seeds
Advanced Kit (sub only): 2 seeds

What I’ve done here, is assigned a seed per video. For example, Puzzles has 3 videos, so you would be given 3 seeds.

3 Likes

Interesting idea, especially because it used to be the other way around, where you have to pay to watch the videos

2 Likes

pay and earn a percentage back?

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea - some type of reward system would certainly be cool!

2 Likes

Yeah
20 or 30 seeds would make buying the sub or paying for seeds pointless

3 Likes

My thought process exactly. This way, there is a better chance of new users buying the sub.

3 Likes