Forum nicknames?

ideas
forum

Recently, many forum users have been wanting to change their usernames. But, with too many username changes, the forum could break! (Insert gasp here)
Now, I'm NOT saying I have a solution, because I don't. All I have is an idea for a solution.
What if we had nicknames on the forum?
Let me explain deeper.
For example, your @ name would stay the same, but you could input a nickname that would show up everytime you post that could change.
Still confused? Here's a pic:

So, as you can see, I edited my photo to have my nickname and my @ name.
There would also be a nickname filter that kind of works how the filter works on the forum (like if there are any bad words, it would just show up as blank boxes).
I understand that there is not much we can do about these types of things, but I think it would be beneficial to people who are changing their names on Hopscotch! I know that it's kind of hard to implement something on the forum, but just remember that this is just an idea.
So, now for your opinion!

• This idea is great!
  • Um.. This isn't a great idea (explain why in comments)
  • Meh.. I don't really care (then why'd you read this?? LOL :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

0voters

me post is in the image....

Sounds so cool!
@admins
@moderators
Take a look?

@sam? Discourse staff? I think this is a cool idea!

I still dont get it

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Hehe

I think that would be even more confusing than the system we have now. People change their names already from the app to the forum. Nicknames would make it so that not only is their name not the same as the app, but all the writers of messages would have a new name on their posts. I saw that your original name would be in grey under the nickname, but it would complicate what you called someone on the forum. Would we call people by nickname or by actual name? Because if your nickname was Heyitsme and I called you that, what's the point of your original name and vice versa.

I'm not sure we can add this. The Hopscotch Team didn't create the forums, so it might be difficult. I'm not sure how much control they have over the forums. I know they can change some things though.
Overall, I think this is a very cool idea, but like the name changing, the notifications might break the system.

This is actually untrue! What @Giraffedolphin26 is saying is there is an @ name and there is a nickname. You can change your nickname unlimited times, and you won't break anything! :wink:

Overall, I think this is an awesome idea! :smile:

Yeah I accidentally put my other acc username so I can't put sugarcodes so I think it's a great idea!

This is actually a feature in Discourse, except the Hopscotch team didn't add it. You can see this feature on meta.discourse.com

There were way more people on the hopscotch forum lol
Also, you have less posts there than here

Well, duh! I have nothing to do there! :stuck_out_tongue:

finds out that you have more posts there
.–.

That fact is false! :sweat_smile:

That's @Stick88's background :stuck_out_tongue:

:scream:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: