Forum Etiquette

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This is a great tutorial I am never saying btw or lol again because some people don't know what it meens I do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or haha!

Where's the example in "Talking to an Adult"?
I've seen a lot of people say, "Use good grammar!", but they don't mention using bad grammar for satire, which I used to do.

Agreed! Saying things like "lol" or "omg" once a while in a post is fine, but don't use it when not nessecary:
"Hey lol I just saw that u were featured, omg that's gr8"
Or to spam:
"OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!"

What you can do:
"Hey, that project was awesome! Lol can't believe that nobody's liked it yet! :smile:"

I just clicked 1 because that's what you said :sweat_smile:

On HS Forum: lol trololol get sh'rekt mlg

On Discourse Meta & Talking to adults: Blah blah formal stuff

I saw that edit :eyes:

Here is what happens if I send a email here is how I te to sound

Hey meg I am having some ideas for new updates such as

1. Cloud values

2. When clone is tapped

And many more I hope if you have time you can get around to some other people's ideas thanks! From the fluffy bear

I accidentally hit the reply button. Then, I added the wrong picture for the second time. "lol."

Yup. Saw that also πŸ‘ "Lol"

Then again, sometimes people don't understand jokes and see it as something else, be it rude, foolish, etc.…
So I guess no jokes then…
Forever…

For the adult one, I said 2 as it was more clear to read..? I'm lost here! :yum:

I don't use lol or omg or any of those to talk with adults! Cause I am mature in real life and don't want to act like a baby!

There's supposed to be another example, but the Discourse edit isn't working.

Weird... πŸ€”

(This is on-topic to: Forum Etiquette.)
@everyone, stop joking and make the Hopscotch Forum monotone valley.
People sometimes don't understand jokes, and that joke could be yours. They'll flag the post, and you'll get your post flagged because the mods won't understand it as well. Then, you'll get a flag, and that'll decrease your chance of getting Regular or staying Regular.

P.S. This is a joke. Did you understand this as a joke?

• Yes
  • No

0voters

You probably didn't, and this is why, even though you think people will think your joke as funny, why you should check the joke for infinity minus half of infinity times to make sure it's alright.