Following yourself is now possible?

Your username: tankt2016

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th gen

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I searched for my account using the search bar, went to my profile (not in my Me tab — the one I went to looks like another user’s profile), saw the Create button where the Follow button is on other users’ profiles, scrolled down so the Create button was a solid color, and tapped it. Later, I got a notif that I’d followed myself.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Search for your own account
  2. Go to your profile (not in your Me tab)
  3. Scroll down. The Create + button should be a solid color, and on the bar your username is on. Tap that. A bit later, you should get a notif that you’ve followed yourself.

I expected this to happen: I didn’t really expect it to do anything.

But instead this happened: I followed myself. I was trying to figure out how SilverStar followed herself, so I guess you could say I expected this. Seems like a bug to me though.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Also, the Create button doesn’t actually do anything except make you follow yourself. I expected it to create a project for me.

23 Likes

@nobody poke
now I have shown you my ways

7 Likes

cool

5 Likes

This is odd

6 Likes

very interesting
Imma go follow myself

6 Likes

me too lol

5 Likes

Alrighty, should get the notif soon

5 Likes

6 Likes

Only happens on an iPad.
Tested it out on my phone and it’s not a bug. But, the ‘create’ button on my phone doesn’t work (nothing happens when I press it)

6 Likes

I tested this and it gave me 1 seed for some reason

7 Likes

Now that’s weird

5 Likes

You can also give yourself mushrooms

4 Likes

Wow hopscotch looks so different

3 Likes

Oh hi welcome back
Nice name btw, my favorite color and fish!

4 Likes

Thanks! Same here Lol, deliscous and beautiful at the same time
I’m already coding a salmon project rn lol

3 Likes

Yea but so far I don’t see it as an issue since there is no real benefit to getting mushrooms

4 Likes

Very interesting

4 Likes

Now I can get 1 million followers!

This should be fixed though.

5 Likes

Wow, cool

4 Likes

Oof I have a phone so I’ll have to go on my sisters iPad to do it. Really cool tho.

Only issue would be finding my username using the search bar. Everyone knows how messed up it can be.

3 Likes