Following Notifications, Read System

Suggestion: Following Notif/Read System

First off, I’d like to say I’m only using ae’s project viewer because I don’t have access to hopscotch at the moment.

Now, for the suggestion.

If you’ve been on the forum for at least 3 minutes, you should notice something like this, whenever some likes your post, replies to you, quotes you, etc.

When you follow someone on the app, you choose to follow them. Which should mean you’re interested in their creations. Right?

So imagine if whenever you get on the app, the following tab has the little number at the top showing how many projects there are that you haven’t played yet from the users you follow? And whenever you go into the project and play it, you read it. Alright, now some people might be like “Well this isn’t really necessary.” This would give the tab a touch up giving it more of a purpose as well just being pleasing. There could be a setting that could allow you to disable this if it ever annoys you.

Oh, and one more thing. I wish that the blue dot next to the “me” section would also have the number of notifications you have.

Do you agree?
  • Yes but I think a topic like this was already made, and I’ll link it
  • Yes, I think this should be implemented
  • No, I don’t agree with this
  • I have another idea

0 voters

9 Likes

This is true

2 Likes

Except ”reading” a project wouldn’t really be ”reading”
More like viewing lol

3 Likes

This might look messy in the app tho, there is already more going on

2 Likes

There really isn’t anything up by those tabs

2 Likes

But there’s a lot near it…

2 Likes

It would just be a small little dot with a number, no?
And following could be moved up before the temporary category so it doesn’t look so out of place

3 Likes

if you’re following someone you could get a notification when they publish a project maybe

5 Likes

Yeah, that would be cool too
Maybe in your settings you could choose to enable one or the other, or both?

2 Likes
3 Likes

That’s not what I’m talking about lol
It’s completely different

3 Likes

yes

2 Likes

I think the following notification should be optional

3 Likes

Well it is sort of similar. They both send you notifications in the app. Of course, French wants it coded in the projects, while you said it should be whenever a project is made/updated from a user you follow.

4 Likes

Except it’s not in the notification tab, it’s on the following tab.

2 Likes

Cool ideas - I like them both!

4 Likes

@Halcio, what’s your idea?

1 Like

I voted accidentally :neutral_face:

1 Like