Fix the excellent tab

Currently the excellent page is full of old projects which have been recently updated, this is cool, yet annoying as we kinda look towards excellent to show us the hottest new games and projects.

I propose we change the sorting mechanism from latest updated/published to latest curated. How before y’all start yelling at me because this has been suggested a bazillion times, and it has, this time it’s different, because it’s actually needed in order to provide a neater appearance, almost no new projects are visible at the top of excellent right now, and that’s kinda a problem if you ask me ):

13 Likes

So you mean updated projects go up to the curated if they are curated?

2 Likes

Yeah I agree with this.

2 Likes

Yep, cuz it’s sorted by publish date atm. Updating changes the publish date

Anywho, I’ll bring this up internally also

6 Likes

I don’t purposely, I just really had to fix them because I felt guilty that they got on excellent and it was broken.

So yeah I do agree with this suggestion, they should order them by when they were put on excellent

3 Likes

I didn’t do anything wrong, u used an in app feature, that’s normal. Maybe we should merely sort by curation date the :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

There’s no curation date, just curation order, but yeah

2 Likes

I agree FW
A person with a curated project can just update that project every week or something to make it the first project in curated…
Always

2 Likes

And there’s litterally nothing wrong w/ that :/

3 Likes

Actually if you update your curated project just to keep it at the top:

1. You are basically just asking for more likes
  2. You are clogging up the excellents tab
1 Like

@fundardo updated his sudoku, was he begging for likes? Yes, yes he was obviously not.
I think this one’s on THT :/
What if I have a project that I actually plan on updating every two weeks? If that gets on excellent y’all will see it allot, just saying. And would it be wrong of me 2 do that?

4 Likes

Well some people (like fd) actually update their projectos
Some…
Well you get the point?

1 Like

I propose a grace period where the project will only jump to the top after a set period of time between each update

5 Likes

I believe THT moderates updates 2 ensure they actually add stuff. I changed 1 bug that was driving me crazy in a project I made awhile ago by changing the bubbles in a bunch of variables- it was denied :/

2 Likes

Or better yet “for”

4 Likes

Ehhhh, it would make the published and curated channels less consistent

2 Likes

Unless you included original publish date :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes but projects would be all over the place constantly

2 Likes

Maybe it’s best the way it is then? Though the excellent tab needs 2 be changed imo, it’s just a sloppy mess rn

2 Likes

Lol I swear I didn’t even know until I updated it

3 Likes