Fall 2021 Hopscotch Seed Developer Program Application is Live!

Hey Hopscotchers!

We’re excited to invite you to the Fall 2021 Seed Developer program. We created the Seed Developer Program for Hopscotchers to learn game design and monetize their projects with in-app purchases. This way, you can start earning seeds (our Hopscotch virtual currency) from your Hopscotch projects. We are also rolling out a seed payout program so that you can cash out your seed earnings in Hopscotch and earn real money!

Program Details:

As a Seed Developer, you’ll be added to a private category on the Hopscotch forum, where you can meet fellow Seed Developers in the program. You will gain access to the Request Seed Block and receive developer resources, workshops, and mentorship from the Hopscotch team to help you create your project.

For this round of the Seed Developer Program, we will host two virtual workshops via video calls at the beginning of the program: a coding workshop that explains some of Hopscotch’s advanced coding features, and a monetization workshop that goes over different seed earning strategies in Hopscotch. Therefore, we encourage Hopscotchers from all experience levels to apply!

Requirements:

• You must have an active Hopscotch Pro subscription through the end of the program to apply for the Fall 2021 Seed Developer Program
  • Both new and returned Seed Developers are encouraged to apply
  • Must love Hopscotch!

Program Timeline:

The program takes place for 6 weeks, and it will start around September 24 and last through the first week of November. During the 6 weeks, you will create a new project or update an existing project to add the seeds feature. Once your project is finished, it’ll be published on the front page of the Hopscotch app in the Top Games category for you to start earning seeds!

Apply Now

Application Deadline:

Deadline for submitting the application: We’re extending the deadline to apply for the Fall 2021 Seed Developer Program to 2021-09-27T03:59:00Z

25 Likes

Aye very cool

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of it!

5 Likes

Nice
I’m not gonna join cus I don’t have hopscotch pro XD

4 Likes

You can show this post to your parents - maybe they’d change their mind!

We’re requiring people to have subscription because now we have a payout system, so you can eventually cash out all the seeds you earned by participating in the Seed Developer program, so this might help your parents to change their mind.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that - but you can keep coding in Hopscotch, and I’m sure that you’d be a great programmer that way too!

9 Likes

:frowning:

3 Likes

And is this into real money or more sub?

3 Likes

You would need an active subscription through the end of the program to apply. We will not be granting subscriptions to participants during this round of the Seed Developer Program.

10 Likes

Real money as in US dollars.

10 Likes

Could it become AUD? I’ll ask them if I can using my pocket money

Or would we need to convert it?

4 Likes

Yes, payments would be made via Paypal, so I believe the platform and your bank will be able to handle the transaction in your currency.

9 Likes

I’ll apply and ask my parents and if they don’t let me I’ll tell you
Ps read post above @Yuanyuan

4 Likes

Are you required to be a member of the seed development program to earn money off your seeds? Will an exchange rate become public knowledge?

9 Likes

You will need to have participated in the Seed Developer Program in order to cash out, even if you currently have access to the seed block. I can post the cash out rate later today.

12 Likes

My dad is considering it.

4 Likes

I have applied

3 Likes

I have joined but I’m not a subscriber. :weary::weary::weary::weary:

3 Likes

@Yuanyuan, pm please.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to see the next round of seed developers. I applied again because I need to get back into coding.

3 Likes

you have to be a subscriber to apply

2 Likes