Expanding Our Knowledge In Coding Music (with Hopscotch)

I only know the mode where it is all white notes D

2 Likes

dorian!! it’s like 40% of pop and also greensleeves

2 Likes

That thing
I should probably learn the rest but I have to do syllabus soon and I need practice

1 Like

Revive

I have a tutorial coming up on glissandos and what to do if you encounter them. I encountered a few in my most recent project, and coding them was easier than expected.

4 Likes

what’s a glissando? I feel silly asking this lol

1 Like

It’s basically a fast change between notes that would require you to slide your fingers in a keyboard

3 Likes

To summarize, a glide between notes

2 Likes

It’s a fast “glide” (so to speak) from one pitch to another.

1 Like

okay but let’s talk about atonality, the 12-tone row, serialism and integral serialism, the following early minimalism, post-minimalist philip glass and glassworks, the entire concept of music with live electronics (and using a sine curve and the harmonic series to represent the space-time continuum) that exists in flat circle by dr. carter john rice

long story short y’all are gonna see at least one more theory video (if I have time to actually film, edit, and upload) and while it is not this cool it will help with aurally transcribing music (coding without a score)

also listen to flat circle please it will blow your mind
or at least the glassworks opening since it’s a bit more accessible

6 Likes

wha—

5 Likes

did you listen to it :eyes: :pray:

6 Likes

Expanding the guitar library, and possibly adding bass and drums, would be beneficial for music coders. It would also inspire people’s creativity, as well as lead to better and more professional music projects.

Adding on to this point, expanding the octave range for the piano in Hopscotch would be a big game changer. Transposing will be much easier, and the effort required to code music because of adaptations and transposings will decrease. Coding music won’t be a walk in the park though, but unnecessary suffering because of solvable problems isn’t fun.

4 Likes

yes
completely agree
we need a deeper bass at least
I’m coding a song that requires at least 3 octaves (ok the actual song requires like 5 but that doesn’t matter) and transposing is a pain

4 Likes

Good example. Even an additional octave would help ease the burden of transposing.

2 Likes

I agree