Empty save input variable bricks all future prompts

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: Awesome_E

What kind of device are you using?: 3 devices, phone, iPad, and computer on web. They all have this.

Issue: in title

See video

If that doesn’t work, download it and try watching it. Should be playable on iDevices , though I know desktop browsers sometimes don’t handle .mov videos correctly.

20 Likes

Speed run of bug report that took 3 mins for footage and typing.

9 Likes

Interesting. I wonder why…

3 Likes

That is very strange.

2 Likes

I never had this bug, since I always fill up my Save Input blocks, if I ever use them.

2 Likes

Wow you type faster lol

2 Likes

Here’s what happens:

The save input block actually creates another block every time it’s run, called “wait until prompt finished”. Then, it shows the prompt, and when you close it, “wait until prompt finished” also finishes. This allows the code after the save input block to then move on.

However, there can only be one prompt on screen at a time. So when another “save input” block is run, the previous “wait until prompt finished” has to complete – otherwise all new prompts won’t show up.

The issue is this: when the variable you are saving the input to is blank, there’s no prompt shown. That’s intentional, but what isn’t intentional is that the “wait until prompt finished” block is also created. And because there’s no prompt to close, that “wait until prompt finished” will never be done, so (1) that rule gets bricked, and (2) no prompts will be able to show.

Kinda confusing, I know.

Me too, but I forgot to delete a secret blocks ability, which had an empty save input with 3 parameters, so that ran and bricked all of my other inputs in the project.

8 Likes

I had this issue before I canceled my subscription, thanks for explaining why it’s caused.

4 Likes

is it possible?

1 Like

btw also happens to me

In a project played in the web, the code does the same thing. I didn’t mean creating the project from the browser, though you can do that with the project builder.

3 Likes

Never had this bug
me learn JS now forgot the HTML brackets thingy
Anyways did I just see a request seeds block

2 Likes

You might have seen it, but using it will filter the project of you edit it in.

You probably never had it because you never accidentally forgot to remove blank save inputs

3 Likes

(@AwesomeOnion @Elizabeth)

4 Likes

Very interesting, but a great find, and well documented/explained! I hope THT can fix this :slight_smile:

3 Likes