Empathy For Leads

(Please change the category if I picked the wrong one)

So the leaders have been receiving some backlash for THT’s guidelines and decisions, yet they didn’t make the decisions.

Not trying to point fingers or anything (sorry if you feel I’m doing that though), but could we maybe respect the leaders, following THT’s decisions?
Instead of backlashing?

(And respect THT’s decisions and guidelines too of course.)

Challenge: code an empathy-related quote in Hopscotch.

Credit to TheDeliciousOrange for inspiration

25 Likes

This is awesome! I feel super bad for the leaders, and support the GT getting closed thing. I will definitely do this!

7 Likes

Although I do not agree with the changes that are being made by THT, I understand that the leaders had no part in it, and there fore shouldn’t be being slammed with h ate posts. I will consider this.

8 Likes

Why don’t you agree with what THT is doing? @tankt2016 please let me know if you don’t want this convo here.

5 Likes

I agree, really.

4 Likes

Later I’m going to post a very long post about why I don’t agree with them.

5 Likes

Maybe we can just chat at school.

2 Likes

I wanted to write it but I don’t want to start arguments anymore.

4 Likes

As long as no arguments or backlash towards the leaders (ahem, what this topic is all about lol) happens I’m fine with it.

6 Likes

Ok!

2 Likes

I know Leaders is sort of the controversial topic here so I’ll probably keep my opinions to myself this time.

3 Likes

We should try to be emphatic for them, ask yourselves: how will I feel If i was receiving such bad comments from a community I’m trying to improve?

6 Likes

This could go on leaders topic, but yeah totally. I’ve tried to say this, but making a huge post that stands out like a new topic will hopefully bring more sympathy for leaders

9 Likes

I mean, we should only criticise ideas and decisions we don’t agree with instead of the people, right?

9 Likes

*constructive feedback, but yes

8 Likes

Thank you. We are involved in some of the decisions, but THT always has the final word about bigger decisions such as this. I hope that everyone understand that it is intended to be for the better.

7 Likes

Yes, it is easy to forget this, but we all just have to remember what leader actually feels like, and it can be a lot of work even without a final say, and consider it from a leader’s side, just like they would.

9 Likes

Hey. I have no complaints whatsoever about the leaders. All excellent, diverse choices. They all do what’s best for the community, even if it’s a very tough decision, even sometimes personal. They get a lot more backlash than they deserve.
I stand by and support them 100%
I’ll code something if I have a second, but @Leaders, till then, I’ll say that all of you guys are doing an amazing job and completely deserve the titles and the badges and all the benefits.

12 Likes