Ellowwella/2s4k username bug on project cards and profile

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
FRENCH WAVE123
What kind of device are you using?:
Ipad pro 10.5
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was visiting a user apparently name 2s4k, when I viewed their profile though, their username was different in different places (2s4k on top, and elowela on the project cards)
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. View this project
  2. Click the watermark in the corner that says “2s4k”
    ….

I expected this to happen:
To see a consistent username on all references to the user
But instead this happened:
I saw inconsistent usernames, with a suspicious symbol at the end of one of them…
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

13 Likes

That’s really strange

4 Likes

That is very strange…

I also noticed the Illuminati, but I won’t talk about that…

3 Likes

strange indeed

4 Likes

That’s odd

2 Likes

This happened to me before when i clicked on a different person’s profile

1 Like

I think they changed their name recently and it takes a little bit to update but I’m not sure

3 Likes

I’ve seen this before with different accounts. The user must have changed their username to 2s4k after publishing those projects under the username Ellowwella.

5 Likes

I think that they hacked it to make it the illuminati, sort of like Petrichor’s backwards notifications

1 Like

Remix bars don’t update. The actual username is ellowwella but when it was remixed it was 2s4k

6 Likes

Oh lol sorry thought the bug was different

1 Like

That is strange

1 Like

Wow. Strange.

1 Like

Weird
Anyways did you know you can make a project be seemingly a remix of ANY person, and you choose what name it displays and whose projects it displays.
So possibly just JSON editing or the watermark didn’t update when they changed their name

2 Likes

Hmm, that’s strange… also really funny/someone should make something epic with it

3 Likes

How?

3 Likes

Save someone else’s project to your profile, and edit the original creator or something attributes in the JSON

3 Likes

Tested it out, and it’s not doing it for me. Has it happened to you multiple times?

1 Like

Recently yes, but so far only thru remix tags

2 Likes

It only works in drafts.

What happened here was that the username was changed after the remix. Remix bars don’t update when the username changes.

5 Likes