Electo’s mega suggestion topic!

A lot of suggestions

Project types

So you might remember that a window popped up when you tapped create project with these options:

• start from scratch
  • watch a video tutorial (or something like that)
    So I want that to be back, but with more options like:
  • professional mode (with more parameters like shape and transparency in drawing blocks)
  • physics mode (with a physics engine, and you choose which objects are affected by gravity)
  • a text editor mode
Change pose to

You know the change pose block, but if you want to change pose to pose 3, you need a repeat loop or 3 blocks
So a [Change pose to ( )] or [Set pose to( )] block will be a bit useful, along with a pose variable
And the pose will have its own menu/tray with visualization of poses

Clear trail of ( )

This block only clears the trail drawn by a certain object, like (self) or (text 2)
This would make it much easier to make a drawing pad with undo options

Area variable

It would be useful if there was an ‘area’ variable that outputted the area in square pixels or whatever
((Self)Area)

Set sides

This block will be very useful
It sets the position of the corners of each shape
Like triangles will have 6 inputs (x and y of 3 sides)
Squares, texts, circles etc. will have 8 inputs (that’s a lot)

Special objects/variables

I think there should be a special category of variables that is only visible in certain when blocks or check if blocks
Like a ‘message’ variable in when I get a message and when message matches blocks (like petrichor suggested)
And an object called ‘touched object’ with the same position of self and original object in when touched and bumps blocks.

Variable customization

There should be an option to customize variables, their BG colours, their emojis, even add a custom category like petrichor suggested

Play music block

I think there should be a music block, and there’s a music editor in there, like this one

I hope none of these are already suggested:|

16 Likes

I’ve seen something like this in scratch

Or maybe you could clear the last trail made by (text)

4 Likes

Oh no
Can a leader edit this into the OP

Play music block

I think there should be a music block, and there’s a music editor in there, like this one

3 Likes

Oh no that’s too many suggestions. Cool ideas

4 Likes

Ooh, cool suggestions! And pro mode would have a scrolling background, right?

3 Likes

Oh yes it can:)

3 Likes

That would be epico ngl

2 Likes

We also need a crop block that crops images and characters

4 Likes

And a block that makes one selected color transparent
Because BG’s are annoying if you don’t want them

3 Likes

I need all of these suggestions in my life

3 Likes

This would be helpful since I never really use the clear block, since I never really want to clear my trail. This would also make a lot of drawing pads easier to code, and undo options, like you mentioned.

1 Like

Clear rn is just draw a trail color white width 3000 tho

2 Likes

@TheCMStudios
Please view replied post:)

1 Like

so many suggestions
i love it

1 Like

Which is why it would be helpful to decide what object’s trail you want to clear. I’ve come across the problem where my background clears as well as the trail I want to clear. This is fixable with variables, but this would make it easier.

3 Likes

Yeah, good luck making a physics engine.
First off, physics engines are not small. Adding them to a project would make the project extremely slow.
Secondly, physics engines require a lot of complex math. Gravity is just one part of the problem. What about collisions? Friction? You can’t easily implement a useful physics engine in HS.

1 Like

Maybe it isn’t easy, but it’s possible…

2 Likes

Sure, it’s possible. But also, HS is written in JS. I’m pretty sure that’s not the best language for writing game engines.

2 Likes

You are correct, it is not. You are writing code in hopscotch, which is coded in javascript, which the implementation of JavaScript used in hs is coded in c++. The c++ code has an interface in swift. So no, it is not efficient.

3 Likes

Ana liked that post (OP) so uh
Hope

2 Likes