Editing code displays extra option in "go back" menu

In the new update for some reason if you edit the code in a project and press home there’s all the normal options and the a go to original project option, except there’s no original project in this case

7 Likes

That’s interesting.

I tried this myself, and can confirm that this does happen. When you tap on “Go to previous project” though, it just exits the project.

@Elizabeth / @Yuanyuan

7 Likes

yes, i confirm that
i was surprised when everyone ignored that post

5 Likes

Here’s my theory on why this happens (it might not be correct):

In the screenshots you provided, there’s a text that says “Tap here to see my first project!”, which makes me assume the Open Project block is used in this project. When you tapped on the block and inserted the URL to your first project, I’m guessing the Hopscotch system sends a command to add “Go to previous project” to the menu. The command is supposed to send when someone clicks to look at your first project, but that isn’t what happened here.

This bug shouldn’t be too much of a problem—since if you press on the “Go to previous project” option when you’re in the original project, you simply exit the project. It’s still a bug that needs to be fixed, but it’s probably not the highest priority. Hope this helps somewhat :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Just realized how unnecessary that sentence was haha.
Oh well, I guess we can have something to laugh about /g

3 Likes

I’m confused with this situation - Basically if you are inside a project, even though you’re not linked there, it would show an option to go back to previous option, is that right?

7 Likes

yes yes it shoes the button when it shouldn’t

2 Likes

But it doesn’t transport you anywhere right? The expected behaviour is for it to go back to the home page.

6 Likes

when you click on it you just go out of the project

3 Likes

I’ve seen this before

3 Likes

I will forward this issue to our developer, but it doesn’t sound like a serious bug since it just leads you back to your home page.

Thanks everyone!

9 Likes

@Awesome_E @Cutelittlekittycat @NTh3R @GweTV

Do you have steps to reproduce this? This is not happening on my device

7 Likes
  1. create a project like this one
  2. edit something in it
  3. press the little :house: so you can exit. It will say “you made changes…”.

here you are :)

3 Likes

Exactly what I needed. Thanks!

7 Likes