Easier way to reset user variables

Right now if you want to reset user variables you have to exit the project. It’d be easier if you could do it from the editor/player

17 Likes

I think that it could have a button to reset all user variables and product purchases.

8 Likes

Here’s an easy way to reset user variables. Just make a toggle that set all user variables to 0 (which is what they are set to by default).

5 Likes

Interesting idea – I think there’s at least a couple good ways to implement this:

• project settings button next to “exit” or “play button” to reset user vars
  • press and hold play to bring up a menu (though this is far less intuitive, but it does save space – if that matters)
  • Essentially a “restart” button but in the editor which resets any user data associated with that project.
4 Likes

Is there any way you can save the variables
Like in all the seed dev projects

2 Likes

User variables are special types of variables that save a user’s data. These variables have an iPhone emoji on them (Advanced Mode only)

When I want to save progress, I just set the value of a user variable to value of a game variable.

Also, when you purchase a product in any seed dev project, it is automatically saved to your device, which cannot be reset.

3 Likes

Bump. because

thanks for the information.

1 Like

This’ll be helpful, when you set User Variables to 0 the saving feature won’t work, I’d like to see this addition.

1 Like