Earn seeds for being curated

Oh speaking of, actually, it’d be cool if you got seeds for a curated projects.
Maybe each curation could be 1 seed, and then getting on main featured could be 2 or 3?

It’d be a good way for non-subs to earn seeds, and for people to be rewarded for creating great projects. It’d also probably encourage more people to code more projects and improve their skills.

(Should I tag someone for this?)

28 Likes

yes I’ve wanted this

(@Elizabeth)

10 Likes

That’s very fair, as it does not have any loopholes such as liking from other acounts.

8 Likes

Well, that’s basically like giving out free seeds (which is something I don’t think Hopscotch wants to do). If you were to get seeds every time somebody give you a plant, it would get a flow of currency to non-subs and still make it so that Hopscotch always makes money from seeds instead of just giving them out.

9 Likes

That’s true, but the incentive of two seeds for hard work = more projects = more users > cost

6 Likes

We’ll, it’d only be 1 seed per curated project, and they’d be well deserved cuz they managed to get on a channel.

Getting seeds from plants may be kinda loophole-y tho, cuz anyone can give anyone as many plants, even if they’re not necessarily ‘earned’ like they would be if you got them for being curated

10 Likes

I second that

5 Likes

Exactly, and you can’t really do much with just 2 seeds, so earning more would be a good incentive to code more amazing projects and improve.
It’d also help the overall quality of hs projects.

6 Likes

(@leaders maybe move to a new topic under meta-hs called “Earn seeds for being curated” or something, since it’s kinda turning into a long suggestion discussion. Thanks!)

8 Likes

Exactly, earning 2 seeds would also be like a little test ride like giving someone half a spoon full of your ice cream Sunday. If they didn’t want it then, they want it now

3 Likes

wouldn’t this be an ok topic for it? it’s been discussed here before

3 Likes

Ooh, if this is going in order, cloud variables are next

2 Likes

This is a brilliant idea. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes indeed ig

3 Likes

I agree fp
@Salmon isn’t this a good idea :relieved:

3 Likes

YES PLEASE

sorry for the caps but I was hoping they’d do that

3 Likes

Yes please

1 Like

Ooooh nice idea!

I think this has been brought up before, and I would like to see it implemented!

5 Likes

Don’t blame me, this IS a lead created topic…

2 Likes

Ok…?

1 Like