Duplication of Project ... then fusion of projects?

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: BlastFusion

What kind of device are you using?: Air 2. iOS 13

1 sentence description of the problem Opened one project, then exited it, and opened another. I exited that project, and it, almost spontaneously duplicated. Then I returned to my original project, and it opened the random duplicate of the other project. Be advised, however, that the duplicate is not the project it duplicated, but the original project … most strange.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Open a project. Code in it.
  2. Close it and open another.
  3. Code in it
  4. Exit that and go back to the original.
  5. Close the original, and go back to the other one.
  6. Close the other one, but you will notice that it duplicated. If you tap the original one, it will put you into the duplicate.
    ….

I expected this to happen: To swiftly go back and forth between projects.

But instead this happened: Without knowledge of the project I was in, I was coding the duplicate, and wasted a lot of time believing it was the real one.

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Nota bene: Those green icons keep coming up.
Also, the duplicate “tree testing” has the same code as project #1. Yet it duplicated the one below it, “tree testing”. This duplication phenomenon is not involving the duplication process, because the duplicate is not named “copy of tree testing”. It is some other bug in the system.

11 Likes

I’m not sure I understood…
although I did notice the thing with the upload to cloud buttons

10 Likes

Does it happen every time?

7 Likes

It’s randomly duplicating projects

8 Likes

Not even I understand what happened. My explanations are obscure and incomplete, and must be polished for the sake of clarity and cohesiveness, and I apologise for that. I will elaborate;

Switching between projects multiple times will cause one project to duplicate. This very duplicate, however, is named after one of those projects opened, but the code within it is of the other.

You tap this duplicate. It sends you to a different project. You tap the original, it sends you to the duplicate.

In due time I will update them and delete the duplicate

7 Likes

lol ok this sounds like the weirdest bug ever

5 Likes

Happened once.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree anymore.

6 Likes

If it only happened once, it might just be a glitch?

Try again purposefully

5 Likes

I can’t replicate the bug.

4 Likes

Did you have internet/WiFi when the bug happened?

5 Likes

Hmm… odd

6 Likes

Ooh, that’s smart

5 Likes

Yes, Wifi is on, but it is a possibility that a temporary outage may have occurred while I was in my drafts.

4 Likes

Weird indeed. I’ve sometimes noticed an inconsistent animation when I save projects, but that has been it. Nothing else happens after that.

5 Likes

Sounds like you’re really not having a blast, with the fusion going on.

7 Likes

Oof

Good pun

3 Likes

Lol nice pun

4 Likes

Indeed … I have been toasted by the Star Wars samurai :wink:

4 Likes