Duplicating Scenes

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is: Duplicating scenes

I’d use it for this type of project: Games that need lots of similar scenes.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: If I wanted to use a lot of the code in a specific scene, I could duplicate it and then it would be much easier then re-coding a lot of it.

I hope this makes sense!

14 Likes

it would be cool to have this, but for a temporary way you can always use custom rules!

3 Likes

Positions…

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, I’d love to see this!

3 Likes

you can actually copy/paste entire objects and that does maintain their location on the editor

if you add some random character and then open up the eye menu that shows all objects, you can copy from there and then you can do the same thing in the scene you wanna duplicate the object in
then do that for everything

absolute pain but it works until they can add the duplication feature

6 Likes

or you can always use your finger to position it to the exact same place - also a pain lol

2 Likes

I would love to see this
(Even though I don’t have scenes)

3 Likes

This sounds really cool, I can already think of ways I’d use this for my current projects. Great idea!

4 Likes

Bump, I’d like to see this

3 Likes

Bumping this because this feature is practically a must for my new game farming simulator 2 to turn out well so I really really need this to be added.

2 Likes

Also is there any way to find out if the ideas we post are taken into consideration or coming soon?

3 Likes

Not really but there is for bugs

4 Likes

im not sure but i think tht can put a in devlopment tag on topics

3 Likes

Oh yeah that

4 Likes

Oh well they should definitely make one then it would be really helpful

3 Likes

This is being worked on :slightly_smiling_face:

(Will be in our next update 3.55.0, but it is scheduled with other changes, for the medium term — i.e. around two months)

7 Likes

Yessssssss! This is going to be great!!!

5 Likes

Indeed! In the meantime, you should be able to copy + paste scenes on the web

6 Likes