Duplicate draft feature is broken on drafts with download icon in corner

Your user name: tankt2016

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th gen

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I tried to duplicate a draft of mine, and it created the draft thumbnail, but when I tried to rename it, it disappeared. I tried again and when I entered the draft, it was blank and when I exited the draft copy disappeared. The original draft was still there.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Duplicate a draft
  2. Try to enter or rename it
  3. Draft disappears
    I expected this to happen: I expected it to work like it should, creating a copy of the draft.

But instead this happened: It didn’t work as it should, and when I tried to rename or enter the duplicate of the draft, it disappeared.

Here’s a sweet screenshot: I’m not really sure how to screenshot this…

This bug does not affect all drafts. Drafts without that down-arrow-coming-out-of-a-cloud symbol duplicate normally. Drafts with it do not.

I wasn’t sure what to call that symbol so I only mentioned it at the bottom of this post.

8 Likes

First post
Lemme check

1 Like

your cloud symbol is facing the wrong way, it should be up for upload, strange

I noticed this as well

2 Likes

That happens to me too

2 Likes

Because it’s down for download

7 Likes

Ohhh that’s what it is

3 Likes

Yea it means the project was edited on another device or didn’t save so it’s telling you it needs to be downloaded. It typically does that when you aren’t connected to internet I believe

3 Likes

It shows it to me on all my projects after I log out and back in, too.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here

4 Likes

It’s whenever it isn’t on your device.

6 Likes

It can go downwards too. I get that sign when I have created a draft on another device and it has to be downloaded from the cloud before I can edit it.

3 Likes

oh, probably never seen it before because I only code on one device then lol

1 Like

I hate it when I see that icon.
It looks annoying!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Welcome to the Hopscotch forum!

3 Likes

Nice a newcomer.

Bug never happened to me because I only use one device ┬┴┬┴┤ (・ _├┬┴┬┴

4 Likes

This just happened to me!

2 Likes

Looks ugly

3 Likes

if this is still a problem try logging out without pressing any buttons. if it asks you to upload projects hit yes and then try again
otherwise clive?

1 Like

The bug is still a problem, even after doing that, so I don’t think the topic should be clived.

2 Likes