Drawing with Hopscotch Topic 2 [OFFICIAL]

Anyways, welcome back

1 Like

haha thank you

1 Like

If you’re planning on staying you can probably ask in the Leader Q and A topic

1 Like

ye i think i might just pop in every once in a while, check out the art and maybe post some of my own :]

3 Likes

I think you can change your name since you’ve been here for much more than a year lol

2 Likes

yes i should probably do that i think 5(?) years is enough time

2 Likes

Hey there! This is a topic for art. All non-Hopscotch related art is limited to 10 pieces per month and must be in a portfolio format. Check out the first post of this topic for more.

4 Likes

nvm i cant

2 Likes

So how do you usually make your rq’s from people? And also do you have any plans on where to go with your art?

3 Likes

Hello TB23

1 Like

well i usually start with a sketch in a really light color (like brightness 98) and then i’ll go through with the outline, fill it in, and then details and stuff.

and no i really don’t have any plans, hbu?

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get to the point where I can frame and sell commissioned art to people, which I already started doing last summer for a while. I want to keep practicing realism and my own cartoon style mixed with it and have a style that every one recognises. I don’t think I’m good enough yet tho

6 Likes

ayy that’s really cool, i think you already have a really good foundation and strong art skills, i’m excited to see your style develop

4 Likes

Oh thanks! I go through a lot of creative dry spells and only make about 3 of these a month. I’m working on trying to draw more often and if I had an Apple Pencil I’d do it on my tablet too. Have you practiced realism?

3 Likes

yeah i understand (about the dry spells) i’m the same way. and i do realism sometimes, i’ve gotta be in a specific mood since it takes a while hehe

4 Likes

Anyone can draw, you just have to have a mindset to learn and practice. I’ve gone from drawing stickman comics to where I am now, so I’m sure if you really wanted to learn and worked hard you could draw just as good if not better than me. The hardest part of learning to draw is looking at your own art and judging it. What you need to do is keep those first attempts and make a new one every day and after a while you can compare them and see how much you’ve actually learned! Art is more about realising the amazing amount of detail in everything around you and interpreting it on paper. It has many benefits too for your brain and for some people (like me) it is helpful to sketch while listening to something. I usually find I pay better attention when doing so!

11 Likes

How long have you been drawing for?

4 Likes

Well I’ve been doing ones like those for 2 years but before that I did draw but a lot worse

2 Likes

I can relate lol…
I don’t like to look back on my old drawings…

2 Likes

I don’t like to look at any of my drawings :joy:

5 Likes