Well to me why

4 Likes

that is the best thing I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I don’t think so

5 Likes

Nice! This gives me the ‘dreamy’ vibes…

4 Likes

Would anyone like to work with me to create a forum-wide drawing comp?

If u want to… make sure u have seeds for prizes cuz I don’t…

6 Likes

I want to but don’t have seeds

4 Likes

I want to. I have a lot of seeds.

7 Likes

Maybe I’d be interested if you give me more details about it!

4 Likes

Please edit into my portfolio:

added!

Used a Cricket base and used Liana for the colors, but I see her as a silk/hive hybrid @DaughterOfHecate

6 Likes

Watching the speedpaint of it is actually very cool ngl

I basically used the lasso tool to draw over the part I was working on, then painted over the entire picture and let the program remove the paint that wasn’t inside the lasso, then faded it using the blur tool, then repeated.

@The_Wild_Fox boop ^^

4 Likes

Interesting :face_with_monocle: never been placed there before. I have a vision now, gonna draw it

5 Likes

Thank you for your interest @ellatm & @Rawrbear !!!

So basically it’s a community run art challenge where participants are given a theme and a timeframe to draw a piece of art (either digitally or on paper is fine).

They are to then add it to their portfolio or create a portfolio for the month and link the portfolio to the topic that I will create. Once the challenge is over, I’m going to create a poll with all the entries and the forum community get to vote for their favourite piece of art.

Winners in 1st, 2nd & 3rd place get an (undecided) amount of seeds and also gain Hopbytes (maybe 10).

How’s it sound to you?

4 Likes

Sounds cool!

Just one caveat: it’d probably have to be run in this topic alone, unless we got special permission from the leaders. We’d have to promote the event in a Hopscotch project if we want to run it and have it be on-topic.

Would this be a one-time thing, or a yearly one? Also, will we have people contribute seeds to the prize pool?

7 Likes

Is it possible to link this topic with the challenge one?

I feel like it should be a yearly one to commemorate the talented artists of the forum. What do u think?

This sounds like a good idea…

3 Likes

youd be able to have your own topic for the challenge (separately from this dht) if winning art pieces were used in a hs game.
ive poked you to some sample topics to look at!

7 Likes

That’s a great idea! As long as we can get some funding, that is. Maybe you could bring it up on the Leaders Q&A. Generally though, I think the intent is that they’d want to keep most of the forum related to Hopscotch, though.

What if art was drawn with one art pad in Hopscotch, so contestants were on the same playing field? This might also make it more Hopscotch related.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ll just copy & paste the deets there.

It would make it a fair comp… but what about those forum users who don’t have a hopscotch account or don’t use hopscotch for art?

Also thank you @FearlessPhoenix

5 Likes

i like the idea of having to use a HS art pad and remixing it with their art :)) that would be perfectly fine to do and create a separate topic for, as linked hopscotch art (drawn on a coded art pad) doesnt require portfolio slots

as for the possible issue of forum users not having access, dont worry :)) all users are actually required to have and use a hopscotch account to be on the forum

and no problem, happy to help!

6 Likes

Ok that makes it easier!

3 Likes

@Rawrbear what do you think should be the prize pool?

1st
2nd
3rd

2 Likes