Drawing with Hopscotch Topic 01 [OFFICIAL]

I’m not fea, but it’s likely because the fake account is very convincing; might want to clarify that it’s fake in the post (or at least blur out the names).
as for the watermelon girl, the signature you have is not your HSF username, which we classify as pCoF. if you can edit that out of the image yourself, I see nothing else wrong with the image.

6 Likes

For Thebes reasons that serenity gave.
For the fake lnsta thing, just drop the image completely so that it’s only the picture otherwise it is pCoF

6 Likes

Ok that makes more sense

2 Likes

Hi chicken girl! I’m trying to boost my skills for telling if something was traced, so I want to ask more about the lineart being under the colors.
What makes that a sign that something is traced?
Thanks! Just curious ;’pp

5 Likes

It’s kind of hard to describe, but usually less experienced artists will like, color over the lineart bc they don’t know how layers work? Also colors over lineart in a messy fashion is not something you usually see in original, more pro pieces bc it looks messy.
More giveaways on if something is traced is the lineart in general. Usually on traces art the line quality will look uncertain, and the lines will be shaky or varied/completely consistent but unusual widths.
Also if the colors and shading are much, lower level, persay, than the quality of the lineart that’s another sign. While artists are usually better at some aspects of art then others their style usually progresses overall at similar rates, so if someone’s lineart is way better than their shading it’s probably traced.
And of course, the obvious “is this a completely different style than everything else they’ve posted”
I’m bad at explaining things but when you see a lot of traced art regularly it’s easy to just, Know when something is traced.

[Post edited by leader. ICL, pCoF]

9 Likes

Tysm! This is so in depth :))) thanks fren

5 Likes

No problem! :)) :two_hearts:

5 Likes

That’s not really CoF.
Reffy was posting their ref pic, that just happened to be watermarked

2 Likes

Ah okay, my bad. Sorry about that

1 Like

It’s cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

I looked at some of my old whiteboar d art lol
I have improveddddd

2 Likes

@Toxiccato love ur profile pic dude

1 Like

Hi, just came to see how it is going. I use hopscotch on my school iPad so I can’t go on over the summer. This topic looks really cool, but I’m still kind of confused even after reading Ana’s rules at the beginning. If someone could explain it with a simpler wording, that would be very helpful.

3 Likes

You can make a “portfolio” once a month, where you can post up to 10 images. Also you can add a short description of your art styles.

That’s what I got from it

I don’t know commissions as well

3 Likes

What gcc said

Commissions are basically requests, but you need to add them in a hs project. There’s a handy form for that attached in the first couple posts.
Normal requests aren’t allowed any more if they aren’t gonna be implemented in a hs project

4 Likes

Tyvm!

2 Likes

Once per month you put 10 drawings in a Dropbox :))

You can do many commissions. You either ask/accept a request on here. The request has to be for a projecg on Hs. If you draw, you give two pics- one with your Hs watermark and one without!

Makes sense?

1 Like

hey i actually updated my portfolio can someone give me cc or comments on the art in it please?

2 Likes

the shorts are way too far up so her legs look unnaturally long, and her left hand looks like it’s missing a finger a bit? maybe it’s jus me idk

1 Like

also u should prolly mention the fact that u used a ref in ur portfolio

4 Likes