Drafts duplicate without my knowledge

Ana asked me to make a bug report for this, so here goes.

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
TAN Studiøs*
What kind of device are you using?:
iPhone6s
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I was doing nothing (logging in and out a few times), and my projects were duplicating. The thing is, I could only see the duplicates on the iPad, but not on my iPhone. Oops, this isn’t one sentence. Oh well.
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
Not quite sure. Maybe try this:

1. Create a project on a phone
  2. Do stuff with it, log out and back in a few times, then go onto the same account on an iPad or different device.

I expected this to happen:
Nothing.
But instead this happened:
Projects duplicated themselves.
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

Drafts on iPhone

Drafts on iPad

As you can see, they’re clearly not the same.

I’m too lazy to scribble out the names of some of the drafts, so I guess y’all get a sneak peek at what I’m making lol. Not like it’s really anything awesome or confidential, anyway.

(@AwesomeOnion)

10 Likes

Claiming first post, here’s a poll:

• I use two devices and am experiencing this problem.
  • I only use one device.
  • I use two devices but have never experienced this problem.
  • I don’t use the app.

0 voters

7 Likes

You should get an upgrade maybe?

2 Likes

not everyone can afford it

I have experienced this before, it’s really weird

though I can see them on both devices

4 Likes

No I’m saying it might fix it

3 Likes

usually the device itself isn’t the root of the problem
at least to my knowledge

4 Likes

Oh ok sorry

3 Likes

there’s no need to be sorry, it could be a problem with the device for all I know

4 Likes

I think this is on Hopscotch’s end. Idk if it has anything to do with the device.

For some reason, like all the happy anni tankt drafts, I can’t see them on my phone, but on the iPad, they’re there. And I didn’t copy them. They just came out of nowhere.

4 Likes

I noticed that the “deleted_at” project trait is acts really weird with syncing between drafts. One some devices it stays and others it doesn’t… idk the whole sync thing doesn’t work perfectly.

3 Likes

The two devices not syncing is most likely the issue.

Or it might have something to do with having to “upload” the drafts when I log out?

2 Likes

Or also the fact that any draft over 1MB isn’t uploading…

I have a desync mostly with drafts that somehow have a “deleted_at” timestamp though.

3 Likes

@/Nobody and I usually use our own devices, but we are working on a project that we have saved on our collab account and when I logged into the account on my device after he had been working on it on his, there were three copies of the project that he said he hadn’t made.

3 Likes

This is precisely the problem I’m having, though to make things worse, I cannot see the duplicates on my phone, though they appear on the iPad.

2 Likes

I had a similar problem, except the draft that keeps duplicating was the one I have been trying to delete (they are old drafts, but not like “doesn’t have text manipulation” old).

Spoiler Alert: the drafts were my old versions of StarCourse

3 Likes

I have the same problem… it occurs for me when I upload my drafts

2 Likes

While I don’t have more than one device that I use Hopscotch on, I have been experiencing a similar problem that has to do with logging in and out. Basically, one moment there’s one draft of a project, the next the draft has created a copy of itself, and the next, the draft returns to its original form of one. The draft number changes whenever I log out and then back in. Strangely, only from one to two to one.

1 Like

I use 1 device and still had this bug a couple days ago

1 Like

I have never had this bug.

1 Like

I don’t have the bug because I use just one device.

1 Like