Draft with a lot of code turned blank and then deleted itself (OPEN)

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your user name: FearlessPhoenix

What kind of device are you using?: iPad

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):

I was attempting to open a draft and it essentially deleted all of the objects and code, and then the draft itself deleted.

Steps to make the problem happen
I have absolutely no idea and I’d rather not go experimenting haha cuz I have some big projects and I don’t wanna loose those like this one… here’s a narrative of it tho:

I was going into my drafts and looking for a template project I had made a while ago (needed this to give to a friend to help them w/ their project). I found the draft, and decided to make a copy of it and share the copied version. I attempted to open the draft, and the first time it opened, I got an error thing that crashed the app. Went back into hs and tried to open again and it was blank. Closed out of it and it just disappeared. So I went back to the main project, opened it, and it was completely blank, like the copy had been. No objects, no code, nothing. Like a brand new project. Except it’s not new and had like 25 objects in it and a whole lot of code.

I expected this to happen: The draft to open normally and all the code to show up and be normal

But instead this happened: draft and copy of draft were both blank and deleted themselves

Here’s a sweet screenshot: couldn’t get one oof :frowning:

@Ana, @Rodrigo, @awesomeonion I’d really appreciate it if y’all could look into this and find a fix. Thank you all in advance for your time :slight_smile:

24 Likes

So yeah @coderofmagic sorry dude you might have to wait a while :(( I had a template thing I made for @silverdolphin that I was gonna give you after customizing it a bit to your dimensions and colors but they both deleted so I’ll have to remake it with the explanations and bunch of premade lines oof I’m sorry :((

7 Likes

Hmm. Why was I tagged? Lol

2 Likes

Did you save it from the community And not change it?

5 Likes

Nope. Normal draft that I made that wasn’t saved from the community

2 Likes

So you never published it?

4 Likes

No
I published a copy of it and then unpublished the copy but this is the original draft that I made a copy of.

4 Likes

And you didn’t change it after un publishing it.

Someone on tht said that they know about this.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I got tagged too :thinking:

2 Likes

No lol I don’t think you’re understanding this.
I made a template thing I gave to silverdolphin. Originally, I made that draft and a monthish ago I copied it and published and unpublished that copy. Then I deleted that unpublished version bc I didn’t need it anymore.
Now, I copied that same original project I made for silvery and this copy, the one I made today, turned blank and deleted, as well as that original project I made for silvery. Neither of these have ever been published

3 Likes

Oh. Does the original have code?

3 Likes

Yes lol (read title haha it literally says that)
At least 25 objects and every object has 1-2 event block and 1 custom event block which contains 2-3 events blocks.

(That’s what I remember off the top of my head and this is from a while ago so numbers may be slightly off but you get the point)

3 Likes

Ouch. I’ve had something similar happen to me, but I don’t think it was that bad.

4 Likes

If you want I could send you the link from my template?

This is super annoying, I hope you get your thing back!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve had this happen with some code, I think it’s something with logging out. It’s annoying, which is why I copy my biggest drafts.

3 Likes

Sorry man…

3 Likes

Oof…
Did you have any of the secret blocks (like a delete clone block) in there?

3 Likes

Oof yeah but I haven’t logged out and it wasn’t just some code lol it was 2 drafts

2 Likes

Yeah but I’ve had other , bigger projects that I’ve had in my drafts for longer with those same blocks that work fine and haven’t deleted themselves.

1 Like

Yeh lol please that’d be appreciated. That way I can help CoM if I have some time :slight_smile:

Yeah thank you haha,

3 Likes