Download new Hopscotch update!

hopscotch
update

I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE ADDING COPY AND PASTE!
I once had to type the same rule at least ten times. Not kidding.

Woo! I've been waiting for this!

To be honest, when you first released the beta (or I guess alpha?), I didn't really like it. But now you have sorted out the bugs and the lag, it's a lot smoother, and I definitely prefer it to the old editor. It's a lot smoother, and a lot easier to code. AND COPY AND PASTE, MODULO, AND ROUND ARE THE BEST THINGS EVER! :smiley: I'm so glad you added them!

One thing, you don't seem to be able to drag math operators and values from block to block, which can get annoying. But that's not a big thing.

All in all, great update. i r8 8/8.

Glad you like it. Not being able to drag parameter blocks is a bit sad and something that we may add back further down the road, but we decided that being able to copy and paste them was a more common use case anyways.

I really want to like this update, but... I mean, there are tons of cool features, but...

Anyway, won't the copy and paste thing just give people a chance to steal code even easier? :sweat_smile:

I just don't know if I can use it smoothly. Making a simple project, I found myself constantly hitting the wrong thing and being very confused.

Its a really good feature if you think about it.

But still... your right.

Why would you even bring it up? :0

You have given ideas to the new generation!

I mean, they're gonna do it anyway.

I like the update, but it just feels tedious, and I can't pinpoint why.

ze spoopest thing is minecraft updated right after hopscotch
o_o
0_o
0_0
O_0
O_O

M... I don't understand your question. My only answer is: we'll solve this.
:slight_smile:

SOS SOS HELP US
HOPSCOTCH IS WRONG
HELP SOS SOS

That is how it is meant to be :stuck_out_tongue:

but it RUINS hopscotch

Yeah, I've also been annoyed by the fact that you can't drag values that easily. I guess you can, but it's so difficult that it's almost impossible. We'll work on this. Thanks for the reminder.

This is awesome! It's gonna make coding a lot easier ! :smiley:

I got it, it's a great update.

Ok calming down I think I can live with this maybe...

I think we want people to steal code. But we just have different names for that: sharing, remixing, optimizing, re-using, learning.

I really like the update. :)

It will take me some time to get used to it, but once I do get used to it, I think I'll like it a lot more than the old editor. It is a lot more neat. I like how you can open and close the rules. It makes it much more easy to get around. I basically like everything about this new update!

However, some Hops have completely different opinions about this update. I went in the help section, and there were at least five projects saying they might quit because of the new update.

I guess I'm not good at asking questions. XD

In other words, what prompted you guys to want the iPhone editor to switch back and forth between the two orientations, but not the iPad editor?

Yeah, but I mean, it's kinda a simple window for people to take what someone else made and use it in their own project without credit. I'm a fan of the concept, but I'm just worried about the way in which it will be used.