Double Sound Glitch (opEn)

Bug: The first sound played in the project plays twice when it is restarted, but the frame happens once.

Example Cases:

• A increase variable block only runs once, as it should
  • The Sound occurs twice in rapid succession, sounding twice before the delay.
  • The second sound plays once

In my project, the first play works as intended. When I restart the project, I hear two first clicks without any delay, then the second click lays after 500ms.

@Ana

18 Likes

huh, that’s weird, lemme see if I can replicate it

5 Likes

Umm… that´s very weird.

3 Likes

Could it be that you only need one sound block?

2 Likes

If you have one sound block, the same thing happens (put in game start)

1 Like

Did u publish it?

2 Likes

If not let me replicate it and try it. But if u did then I’ll check out the one u made

2 Likes

No, just follow the screenshots in post 1. If they don’t do the same thing on restart, try it on an older, existing project then tell me here

2 Likes

Mk I’ll try it

2 Likes

Huh ur right it did double… let me tinker with it for about fifteen minutes then tag me and I’ll stop

2 Likes

Alright :slight_smile:

In the future, I should also add a detail to my bug report about how serious the issue is. In my case, this would be a 1/10

1 Like

i think I figured it out

2 Likes

I won’t be able to.

hmph why do basics and new users not get 3 reply limit?

2 Likes

I don’t get why it does it on the restarts only. One thing I noticed was it went “click… click” first, “click click… click” second, “click click… click” third, “click click. click” fourth and then “click click click” fifth. It might be your “wait” block or “start sound… then wait…” blocks

2 Likes

@Awesome_E I think I have something… the bug is the game starts. I tried “when is tapped” and added something to tap and it doesn’t double click

1 Like

Yeah but it’s still a game starts bug. I din’t think it’d happen anywhere else but thanks for confirming that.

2 Likes

Yup. May have to ask Ana for Fox… I can’t do it cause it’s not a code bug it’s an actual HS bug

2 Likes

(That’s why it’s a bug report topic)

*fix

1 Like

Interesting bug. As far as I can tell, it’s only upon pressing reply when the start sound block is the first block in a “game starts” rule.

I’m prioritizing bugs right now, can you give an example of a project where this causes a big problem?

7 Likes

It doesn’t cause a big problem, as it only happens in the “laggy frames” of a restart, so don’t prioritize this one over others.

Just something to be aware of later imo, but thank you for this focus on bugs, I really appreciate it

4 Likes