Does Communication in Scratch or Minecraft Count as Communication Outside the Forum?

Wait. Hold your flags. This is Hopscotch related. Or at least forum related. Which is related to Hopscotch. Which is also related to–
Let me stop.
Okay...

Communicating in Scratch

I've had this question for a long time, and have been thinking about it a lot. Is communicating with Hopscotchers in Scratch against the Forum rules?

Communicating in Minecraft

Imagine this:
randomuser1: Hey @randomuser2! Check out my new Minecraft server: it's _________
randomuser2: Awesome! I'll go to it ASAP
end
And, as most of you know, you are able to chat in Minecraft. Would this be against the rules, if they were just talking about building and not sharing any personal info?

What About on Hopscotch?

Many Hopscotchers don't have the forum, so they won't know the rules about communicating outside of Hopscotch. Even forumers could do this! If they made a project sharing their YouTube account, or Minecraft server, would they get punished? Or are the rules just about communicating outside the forum? Do they only apply to forum users?

Thank you for reading! I hope I get an answer soon =D

tagging THT

@Liza
@Meg
@Rodrigo
@Montoya
@thomas

OMTL

I have seen people complain about The Mass Tag list currently in use, and we need new guidelines.

Please, copy directly off of this topic when using the Mass Tag list. It will annoy you, I know, but it will constantly change.

Here are the new guidelines for adding and using the mass tag list.

Add yourself only. Do not add other people to the mass tag list. I'll see all of the edits, so I'll correct you if you added someone else's name, on accident or on purpose.

Don't use the tag list in all of your topics. We shouldn't be using the mass tag list in every single topic we or another person creates. It is annoying to have to scroll through that, and it doesn't contribute to the discussion.

Always use the current version. Again, people will leave or take their name off of the list. Please always use the current version so we don't have to deal with people getting angry.

Please don't tamper with this list. It gets annoying when someone destroys something. So please don't tamper with the tag list.

Don't use them for silly reasons. It's annoying when people use the mass tag list when you are trying to guess somebody's secret account or something similar.

Use it only once in a topic. It isn't fun or friendly when people get mass tagged more than once in a topic.

Do not use this on an "I am leaving" topic. On the old Mass Tag List, it said this. Kiwicute said this herself.

If you have any guidelines, add them here. :wink:

Edit your name to this tag
List
@BB-Box
@ArtyAnimal
@AvocadoDont
@AwesomeNachos
@BellaWafflez17
@bluedogmc-official
@BubblegumCupcakeMix
@ButterBark
@Candycane
@CatWithABrush
@ChocolateFox
@CodePerfect
@codingkit
@ColourfulBlack
@ConnellCoder
@CreationsOfaNoob
@DA-BEASTY
@DMF
@Ella_13
@Explorer_
@FascinatingTreehouse
@FluffyMarshmellow
@FoodDelivery
@FortatoBuilder
@FunkyGoldfish
@GiraffeProductions
@GLaDOS_On_Da_Forum
@happy12345678910
@HappyPerson
@HappyDolphin
@Himynameismeredith1
@Hoppertoscotch
@IKeudin
@Jess888
@JojoDude
@KarmicSans2
@KawaiiRose
@Kitkat26
@KoolM123
@KVJ
@MiiR_legend
@minioncandy
@MudFlowerCat
@Murphy1
@Paydent12
@PerfectPanda24
@PianoGorilla2006
@Potter_Head
@PumpkinGirl
@Puppylulu
@PurpleStorybook
@Rainboom
@RubyStars
@ScarySweetheart
@Sensei_Coder
@Silverdolphin
@SnowGirl_Studios
@Sprouse
@StarryDream
@Steelhooves
@StRiKe_Charler123
@Sugarisyummy
@Themasterofairjitzu
@ThePickle
@treefrogstudios
@TrevCoding
@Valgo
@Vortex.inc
@waddlemarco
@WasIdealessHere
@weathercats
@William04GamerA
@xXBARNSLEYFCXx
@Yellow_Mellow
@YuxinaYammy
@Zachyswag

The poll

You can in scratch, Minecraft im not sure

I believe Liza said that since Scratch is monitored by MIT, we could use Scratch. I'm not sure about Minecraft, though. :D

You can communicate through Scratch as long as your parents are okay with it. I don't know about Minecraft, though.

These rules only apply to forum members, I think. People on Hopscotch shouldn't be communicating with random people on other sites anyway (it's not safe), but the forum doesn't have any jurisdiction over what they do.

I thought so :) What's your opinion about Minecraft, though?

I think it's okay (as long as your parents are okay with it). A lot of people play Minecraft with online friends (same with other games). I guess the Hopscotch team wants to be cautious about your and others safety. If you think about it, it's not very safe considering you don't know these people in real life. Thanks for asking, @BellaWafflez17!

Actually, it was Liza who settled that. Kiwi said that Scratch wasn't allowed before that.

Sorry, my bad. I edited it. :D

I do want to play Minecraft PE with forum frens, but I don't want to be suspended. ;-;

Communicating with Hopscotchers in Scratch

• Okay
  • I don't know
  • Not okay

0voters

Votes are public.

Communicating with Hopscotchers in Minecraft

• Okay
  • I don't know
  • Not okay

0voters

Votes are public.