Does anyone know how to recover lost coding?

I was recently coding a project for hopscotch’s birthday, and spent a few hours or an hour on it. I thought it saved, and it looked as if it did. It didn’t and I lost hours of work. Anyone know how I can recover any of this lost work? I truly saw it saving so I have no clue.

16 Likes

And sorry if this is already a topic, I’m tired-

7 Likes

Huh

Does anyone else apart from you have access to your account?

(And no, there’s no way to recover lost code :cry:)

5 Likes

No it’s just me, and oh well, atleast I partially remember what I did-

5 Likes

Hopscotch should add a button where it can say revert to ____. So if you lost code, click this and click what day/time you want to revert it to

8 Likes

If you haven’t published your project before and/or provided a link here, there is no way to recover your code.

3 Likes

oh i know
autosave feature might work for recovering lost code
but its not a feature ;-;

2 Likes

Meh… that stinks-

2 Likes

Ya they really should add that.

1 Like

I always keep a copy of big projects.

1 Like

These kinds of questions are most of the time best answered by THT, since they have access to the Hopscotch servers and to more information about your account.

I recommend that you or any parent or guardian email them at help@gethopscotch.com!

5 Likes

If you were to put the code in a purple custom block, and delete it, you could just add the purple custom block again.

3 Likes

I had the code in multiple custom blocks, checked, and none of the blocks were there-

1 Like

If you email THT, they can recover your project. After all, any deleted project is saved somewhere.

1 Like

Hm, I’ll try. It was that it didn’t save, I still have some of the code. The stuff before it didn’t save

2 Likes