Display name Forum n Hopscotch app

I got an idea from Jay because he got it from Roblox also but my idea is that what if there was display names in Hopscotch and the Forum. Right now i’m on Chromebook so I made an example with my Chromebook. Here:

um it doesn’t has to be the exact same thing… it can be where you can change your username in the app. Forum:
So we can basically have a display name like in Roblox. Not sure if somebody got this idea. Also there should be something like a how many days you have to wait to change it to something else like in roblox is 7 days. Here is a poll:

Should we have this
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

@CdCoders

2 Likes

Cool but how can we see it in the forum

2 Likes

what do u mean? is like going to be in ur user like for example mine is Cutedogs1Forum I’ll change it to Cutedogs1 and people can see that but when they go to my profile it will say my real username like in roblox

1 Like

I think the app is a nice idea, but i dont see why we would need it. But I dont really think that we should have this on the forum because it just seems like a loophole for changing forum usernames.

3 Likes

the reason i think we need it is that sometimes some usernames r taken that some ppl want but by display name u can have that username as a display name n just quickly change it. but as in roblox ppl when change their display name they have to wait 7 days to change it to something else. I added it in the main one so there is no confusion.

1 Like

but usernames are a way of finding people, and in roblox you can see their user and display name at the sane time but wouldn’t that be like a title? And you may mistake someone for someone else because of their display name.

3 Likes

yes but what if their user was small (able to be seen) below their display name?

2 Likes

i feel weird having to ask this but what exactly is a display name?

3 Likes

is a name ppl can see but not ur username n u can have anything for ur display name even if its taken like if a username u like is taken u can put that username as a display name but ur username will be something else
srry if its still confusing

not weird at all

2 Likes

ok, that makes sense, thanks

2 Likes

no problem:)

1 Like

Sorry but I still dont really agree…

2 Likes

is okay it matters on the opinions

1 Like

we already have this and theres a reason we dont use it which some of your friends have explained

hypothetically cool but not really worth the trouble for us. you can just request a username change or use it as a nickname

3 Likes

okay then u can close the topic ty

1 Like

let us know if you want this reopened