We can move at least the most important topics out. We were thinking about leaving the category open for a week but then I saw we could move all topics out. Discuss more about all this here as well if you need help with anything (recategorising, merging etc).
What should we do?
- Move all topics in Help with Code to another category e.g. #random-stuff and move from there
- Keep Help with Code open
- Other idea
- Keep Help With Code as an archive
- Keep Help With Code as it is
Okay let's rescue the Help with code topics. (Yay!! ) And share any thoughts you have:
- we are moving topics out of Help With code so please let anyone know if you see a new topic being made in that category
we don't want more topics being created in HwC (but do we?) but I needed to set it to that permission so we could move stuff out
I think we could make the moves less overwhelming by prioritising some of these topics:
our own topics
are/were currently still being used
still very likely to be used/contain information that we will still look to
will fit into the new categories
There was also a lot of confusion with multiple of the same topics open so we went with closing off the older ones.
- And also what to do about topics that maybe aren't so relevant but are a part of our history?