Discourse Plans On Removing User Card Badges On May 31st

Discourse 2.0 will be releasing on May 31st, 2018. This update will in fact remove User Card Badges.
Now correct me if I am wrong, but User Card Badges are the Custom Forum Titles, the ones you get from winning contests. Also you get a Regular title.
We can only wait to see if this affects our forum here, but just putting it out there that we might have to remove Custom Forum title as a prize from the Summer Contest.
If it does get removed they do plan on making a plugin so that we can still use them if we want.
@OMTL

They aren’t forum titles. They are something THT never used. It’s under profile at the bottom.

Thank you for the information! Can’t wait for the update!

They’re not.

They’re the font awesome shield @t1_hopscotch has.

Well, it seems a little unclear what those badges are, but this update sounds amazingly good! I am excited for WWDC18 and Summer Break, but now I have another thing to be excited about too!

And if THT would like user card badges again, they could just install a forum plugin and get the same functionality. The only change is that “user card badges” aren’t built-in to Discourse, the admins needs to install a plugin to make it work.

That’s what I think it means, at least.

Yes, but I don’t think they have experience with using plugins with Discourse (but who knows I could be wrong)

It shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

There is a well written tutorial here:

Awwwww…

Thanks for the info

You know those puzzle things where you have to find the difference between two pictures?

Here’s one.

Apparently it’s difficult.

Well they are both displayed next to your name and are grey

!
Titles are what you receive from competitions

User card badges were between user card background and date of birth.