Ok so Discourse v2.1 is starting tomorrow, meaning that the Discourse Team will start developing and releasing the new features for v2.1.
Most changes won’t affect us, and are more guided towards leaders and more advanced things that we do here, but reading through the notes I found all the things that will affect us.
- Add an option to hide poll results until a poll closes
- Recently we got an ability to automatically close polls after a certain date
- Now we will be able to set the polls private until the poll closes
- A new “Welcome To Our Community” PM will pop up after reaching Basic
- If you are already a User here this won’t affect you but new users will receive a new PM, welcoming them to our forum
- Nothing further has been noted yet but it is to be assumed to be an automated message customized by the mods
- The new date function will now pop up in notification emails for posts
- In Discourse 2.0, we got a new function that allowed us to show times in our posts in an organized manner
- Now in notification emails the same graphic will appear
- List social media accounts in user profile
- Now THT will most likely block this, but in the next update you will be able to share social media account links to your profile
- In the unlikely circumstances that THT overlooks this, don’t post you social media accounts here!
Those are all the major changes that will affect us in this upcoming update!
Remember, the update starts tomorrow, and the end date is unknown. Any of these features could release any day starting from June 1st all the way to the end date! Also keep in mind they are always updating what they will do in the updates () so more features may be added in 2.1.
Dont edit this!