Discourse 2.1 is starting tomorrow! (New features!)

Ok so Discourse v2.1 is starting tomorrow, meaning that the Discourse Team will start developing and releasing the new features for v2.1.
Most changes won’t affect us, and are more guided towards leaders and more advanced things that we do here, but reading through the notes I found all the things that will affect us.

1. Add an option to hide poll results until a poll closes
  • Recently we got an ability to automatically close polls after a certain date
  • Now we will be able to set the polls private until the poll closes

1. A new “Welcome To Our Community” PM will pop up after reaching Basic
  • If you are already a User here this won’t affect you but new users will receive a new PM, welcoming them to our forum
  • Nothing further has been noted yet but it is to be assumed to be an automated message customized by the mods

1. The new date function will now pop up in notification emails for posts
  • In Discourse 2.0, we got a new function that allowed us to show times in our posts in an organized manner
  • Now in notification emails the same graphic will appear

1. List social media accounts in user profile
  • Now THT will most likely block this, but in the next update you will be able to share social media account links to your profile
  • In the unlikely circumstances that THT overlooks this, don’t post you social media accounts here!

Those are all the major changes that will affect us in this upcoming update!
Remember, the update starts tomorrow, and the end date is unknown. Any of these features could release any day starting from June 1st all the way to the end date! Also keep in mind they are always updating what they will do in the updates (:laughing:) so more features may be added in 2.1.
@OMTL
Dont edit this!

Nice! I bet lots of people will love this new update!

haha social media links? i’m inactive and there’s 2 in my bio

Interesting! Thanks for posting these :slight_smile:

This new update sounds really exciting! I don’t know what time zone you are in, but does the update start at June 1, 2018 12:00 AM (Europe: Paris), May 31, 2018 3:00 PM (America: Los Angeles) or at June 2, 2018 7:12 AM (Europe: Paris), June 1, 2018 10:12 PM (America: Los Angeles)? Just look at the date, not the time.

Wow that’s awesome! Thanks for keeping us informed!

I don’t know tbh, just in general June 1st, I doubt anything will be released tho

Nice to know someone else is keeping track of the forum’s new features as well.

Okay. So, it will be released today then (at least in my time zone). Although, we don’t know if the forum is going to be updated automatically or if that needs to be done by THT.

From what I understand, THT is paying discourse for managed hosting. So the forum should update itself.

Oh, okay. It usually updates itself automatically, now when I think of it.

Well updates take months, we might not even get any new features for weeks

Some of these updates are really cool!

22nd like Muhahhahahhahahhahaahsneezehahhahahcoughhahahaha