Disapproved Letters/Phrases In Topic Names

Hello!

In titles, there are multiple phrases and letters/letter combinations that aren’t allowed by the forum for some odd reason. It wasn’t like this until recently, either. For example, if you try to name/rename a topic with a word containing the letter “k”, this message will appear:

This is the same case for the “ck” letter pair. Typing the word “title” in the title bar isn’t allowed, either. (You can probably guess why, eheh.)

@Liza, @Meg, @thomas or @Rodrigo, would you all look into this issue?

Thanks a lot. :)

Nick/Rawrbear

25 Likes

true doesn't let me write kittens or my own username! Riya Rocks :microphone::art: ( the ck in Rocks )

4 Likes

Are there any more letter combinations that weren't covered besides k and ck?

3 Likes

Yep that's a great catch and great the way you explained it!

I've @mentioned the admins too on this

summary: fixed on Discourse but it's not updated on this forum yet

14 Likes

It says that and ck!
Weird!
I just added hi to my title and it said that

3 Likes

Oops, I should've searched before I posted. Sorry about that, eheh.

Thanks a lot, though!

4 Likes

Just tested it on "topick" (spelled wrong on purpose) and "title". Huh. Kinda weird that that they would ban that!

I guess because the f word has that letter pairing, so they banned it, but who knows!

(I also tried "f" to see if it was banned, but it wasn't.)

4 Likes

I'm gonna do some more investigating on the banned-letter pairings. Don't be surprised if you get spam-edited by me.

Global edit post below ↓

4 Likes

Thank you! ^^

2 Likes

Yesterday the entire list of censored words appeared when you did that. Now it is just the censored word you entered, which is a lot better

5 Likes

It's great you put it a really clear topic title here though :smiley:

@Sensei_Coder I was going to say this is already fixed on Discourse and they know the cause of the problem. Then I thought it's great seeing you do investigating :DD However, I don't think it would be a good idea to have a list of bad words hmm. But then realised maybe it might help people take note of what words might not work. Generally it's gonna be words that are usually censored anyway, and accidental censoring of other words that contain these phrases inside them

6 Likes

I don't think it's good to encourage escaping bad words hmm

3 Likes

Oh, OK. I deleted the post, sorry about that!

3 Likes

no it's okay, like I said I think it's great that you're investigating :smiley:

I don't know another way of tracking what you find :thinking: it's just the list I was just concerned about having.

4 Likes

Yeah! I wanted to type "I've been hacked" (because I am cough cough) but it didn't let me ;-;

1 Like

Oh your riya rocks? Hey!

Yes, yes I am . Do you know me on hopscotch?

Um.... Yeah.... Mr.rex sound familiar?

Kinda. ( plz don't take this personally I am not good with names )

I won't. I'm mr.rex! :wolf:, you may remember me as max in the RPs other than EWP.