Disappearing drafts

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:
LR10123
What kind of device are you using?:
7th generation iPad
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I had a draft that I was working on, I logged out, and logged back in, and it disappeared along with all my work!
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Fix it
  2. Find out why
    ….

I expected this to happen:
To see my draft
But instead this happened:
I could not see my draft

Is anyone having/had this problem?

11 Likes

That happened to me once before. But that was because I had gone on that project on a completely different device. First post

6 Likes

Did it upload to the server before you logged out?

6 Likes

That happened to me, and I guess we need to wait a while first before you log out (hs is uploading your project(s) to the server)

4 Likes

I hadn’t been in the project today

5 Likes

Did it have the upload icon on the draft card?

4 Likes

No, it did not

5 Likes

Weird

5 Likes

I’m sorry about that, i hope this can get fixed soon ://

4 Likes

There should be a cloud and a down arrow every so often. Tap that is it’s there before you log out. I think it saves it

6 Likes

Weird, I know it doesn’t have the icon thing cause when you log out and have projects there it will ask if you’re sure

3 Likes

Yea, wierd

2 Likes

Did you publish the draft, then unpublish it, and not enter the draft before logging out?

3 Likes

Nope, I did not publish it

1 Like

The down arrow downloads drafts from the cloud, and the upload arrow uploads unsynced drafts to the cloud, I think.

And @LR10123, I’m sorry about the loss of your draft. I hope THT can fix it!

6 Likes

OH NO

=(8,^()

There should be a way to return it though (unless maybe you were hacked and it was deleted)

1 Like

When trying to log out with the cloud symbol displayed, it will prompt you to upload the drafts so that they can be saved. I think that should warn them enough.

2 Likes

To make your drafts reappear, just close out of the app and then reopen it. I have had this issue before and that helped.

1 Like