Different usernames bug project cards and profile

Hi, I’m ellowwella and I just want to say that 2s4k and I are different people, she (2s4k) hasn’t recently changed her name to ellowwella. This is a really strange bug!

12 Likes

ahhh hi ella,
that really is strange then
do you see it like that?

2 Likes

Huh, that is weird then

3 Likes

hey lunar!
no, I clicked on the link in this report that goes to cts’s profile, and click the remix, but I don’t see my user, only 2s4k’s.

7 Likes

Okay I messed up: 2s4k did actually briefly change her username to ellowwella, then changed it back. It must’ve been that the remix bar didn’t update when she changed her name— this happens often.

10 Likes

And now this is her name?

3 Likes

Very strange indeed.

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like

Your username: ExplodingDucks

What kind of device are you using?: iPad 6th generation (I don’t know, but it isn’t very relevant so)

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
I went to go onto YuanYuan’s account to look at the #Clover announcement, and I saw that they changed their account name. But when I scrolled down to the Shark Tank results projects, it still says CeruleanFish
Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Go onto an account where the username was recently changed
  2. Look at a recent project with the new username and an older project with the other username

I expected this to happen: The username would be consistent for all of the projects

But instead this happened: The username was different

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

This may be related to the bug of someone’s username not appearing in search (here). I am sorry if this is already a topic, but I couldn’t find anything.

15 Likes

Moved this here - I hope these are the same! If not - I will be happy to move it back.

6 Likes

Hello! I think its because they had an old username when they made the projects and they changed their username! I don’t think this is a bug.

4 Likes

I like this answer but I don’t think that’s it. Other users change their name all the time changing your username should update all projects to say your current name

4 Likes

Yeah you’re right I just checked my profile out and I changed my name 2 times I think but every project just says my current username

4 Likes

ok this happened to me, specifically on @DaughterOfHecate’s alt so

pretty sure it happens when u change the username-also tero great name change haha

2 Likes

Oh yeah that happenes all the time thanks for sharing my alt

1 Like

Oop sorry lol
No offense but before the change it was KINDA obvious-hecateselini/daughterofhecate…
No judgement tho, my alt is LITERALLY cutelittlepuppydraws haha

1 Like

I know that, that’s why I changed it

1 Like

yeas, but its literally still there so
so much for a name change haha

1 Like

🥲 I’ll just make a secret alt

1 Like

sounds good lol

1 Like