Different sort by ways in hopscotch

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Currently if you go on your profile and look in published you only see the projects from newest to oldest. My suggestion is that you can see the projects in different orders. Like perhaps oldest - newest, most liked - least liked, most plants - least plants, etc.
Also this wouldn’t just be for your profile. If you go on other peoples profiles then you can also do this. Maybe this would even work for tabs like masterpieces, or excellent.

I also want a way to “star” a project so you can easily find it later. So if you want to borrow code from a really old project or from someone else’s project (with permission of course) you could star it once so you don’t have to go scrolling for it. Adding on I want 1 more feature related to projects. I want it so that maybe somewhere under the project name it would tell you if it is a masterpiece, excellent, or rising

I’d use it for this type of project:

I wouldn’t use it for a project but this could help find projects and let you know which projects are your best ones.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

As said above it wouldn’t really help with code a lot but it could help someone stay more organized.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

Sorry if the editing isn’t that good. I’m not the best at editing photos and this took me a while to make.

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

I haven’t seen this on a programming language but I know it is common on lots of apps and websites like google docs.

I’m sorry if there is another topic like this. I searched and didn’t find any like this.

Should these be added
  • The first suggestion should be added
  • The second suggestion should be added
  • The third suggests should be added
  • I don’t think these should be added

0 voters

11 Likes

Woah! Thats a lot of seeds. Also cool idea!

4 Likes

Ya I got the seeds a while ago cus someone gave to me. I don’t really use seeds that often so I still have a lot left.

Thanks. Lemme delete my 25 photos from my camera now.

4 Likes

great ideas! Love it!

5 Likes

Thanks! I really want this so I can easily find the oldest projects that a person made and so I can find my most liked project fast.

7 Likes

Nice! But if the stars do get added maybe it shouldn’t go on the thumbnail… Or it could be like a bookmark maybe the icon could go where the like, plant and play thing is :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya. I just placed the star there because I didn’t know wer else to place it but the star could go at the bottom wer the title and stuff is.

3 Likes

You should probably upload your drafts.
But anyways great idea!

2 Likes

this is old but something like bookmarks would be nice

6 Likes

Oh that’s almost the same as my starring projects suggestion. Just a different name.

2 Likes

I have always wanted this.

4 Likes

A similar idea would be so if they scroll to the very top, there would be a sorting option (date created, date modified, name, etc.)

Would be nice to have sorting options in Hopscotch…

3 Likes

These are awesome ideas dude! I can’t wait to see some of these added to hopscotch someday.

3 Likes

Like a bookmark? Here’s a topic:

4 Likes

Oop already done lol, sorry

3 Likes

Yes it’s like a bookmark but my brain couldn’t think of that word so I chose star instead cus that’s wut u do on google docs.

2 Likes

Bump - h

1 Like